Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The GQP Thread: I'm even sick of that ****** number and, anyway, he's gone (for now)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

    The "libertarian" doesn't like the free marketplace of ideas if he can't censor it for his own ideology. How the turn tables.
    Last I checked all of these "public square" venues are private companies. Follow their rules or create your own square.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

      Last I checked all of these "public square" venues are private companies. Follow their rules or create your own square.
      I didn't say the public square. One would have thought a bunch of Incel Plutocrats making billions farming oceans of plankton-like users would have been Rand's dream milieu.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • I'm not rushing to celebrate the exodus from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. to RWNJ alternatives. Sure, the RWNJ social media sites are mediocre at best, but it nevertheless perpetuates the existence of bubbles. Twitter is already lefty enough, despite the remaining righties and their burner accounts doing all sh*tposting and concern trolling they can.

        I'd rather have the far right out in the open on major social media for everyone with a brain to see and slag on. Putting them in their own isolated echo chamber doesn't solve anything.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I'm not rushing to celebrate the exodus from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. to RWNJ alternatives. Sure, the RWNJ social media sites are mediocre at best, but it nevertheless perpetuates the existence of bubbles. Twitter is already lefty enough, despite the remaining righties and their burner accounts doing all sh*tposting and concern trolling they can.

          I'd rather have the far right out in the open on major social media for everyone with a brain to see and slag on. Putting them in their own isolated echo chamber doesn't solve anything.
          Every single one of the right wing contacts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, who made a big "I hate Big Media, I'm quitting!" post announcing their leave have returned. And then quit again. And are back again.

          The sample pool is small, and it was only like six people, but still.....



          TikTok seems to have perfected the algorithm of "compartmentalize, but allow the orbit to intersect some related content" quite well. Do I see the Alt-Right crap on my "For You Page?" Almost never.

          Twitter, because it's curated by me as well, also does a good job of avoiding the Alt-White crap. Unless one of the few followers I had fall off the deep end (*glares at Kato Kaelin and Dustin Penner...*)

          Meanwhile, I need to keep changing my political affiliation deep in the data mined options of Facebook because every couple months they think that TPUSA and Beitbart ads are "perfect for you because of your likes and clicks..." Huh?
          Last edited by aparch; 01-04-2022, 04:37 PM.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

          Live Radio from 100.3

          Comment


          • I think their desperation to "own the libs" will result in many of them staying put. Paul will probably still be posting videos to YouTube, just under a different account name or some crap.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aparch View Post

              Every single one of the right wing contacts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, who made a big "I hate Big Media, I'm quitting!" post announcing their leave have returned. And then quit again. And are back again.

              The sample pool is small, and it was only like six people, but still.....



              TikTok seems to have perfected the algorithm of "compartmentalize, but allow the orbit to intersect some related content" quite well. Do I see the Alt-Right crap on my "For You Page?" Almost never.

              Twitter, because it's curated by me as well, also does a good job of avoiding the Alt-White crap. Unless one of the few followers I had fall off the deep end (*glares at Kato Kaelin and Dustin Penner...*)

              Meanwhile, I need to keep changing my political affiliation deep in the data mined options of Facebook because every couple months they think that TPUSA and Beitbart ads are "perfect for you because of your likes and clicks..." Huh?
              Facebook is unsalvageable. I don't know why the righties complain about it as much as they do, considering how friendly Facebook is to their crap.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                Facebook is unsalvageable. I don't know why the righties complain about it as much as they do, considering how friendly Facebook is to their crap.
                IKR? Facebook practically rolls out the welcome mat for the conservatives, and they *still* find a way to hate it and want more.


                Which.... is 100% on brand for the modern Trump era GOP....
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • I don't get the bandwagon aversion to FB. I check it once or twice a week and my "feed" is 90% friends and family, the rest a few accounts I follow. If I see anything obviously lame I scroll past it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I don't get the bandwagon aversion to FB. I check it once or twice a week and my "feed" is 90% friends and family, the rest a few accounts I follow. If I see anything obviously lame I scroll past it.
                    My problem with facebook is it reminds me that my extended family exists. :-p
                    Let's Go Broncos!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I don't get the bandwagon aversion to FB. I check it once or twice a week and my "feed" is 90% friends and family, the rest a few accounts I follow. If I see anything obviously lame I scroll past it.
                      Ditto
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I'm not rushing to celebrate the exodus from Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. to RWNJ alternatives. Sure, the RWNJ social media sites are mediocre at best, but it nevertheless perpetuates the existence of bubbles. Twitter is already lefty enough, despite the remaining righties and their burner accounts doing all sh*tposting and concern trolling they can.

                        I'd rather have the far right out in the open on major social media for everyone with a brain to see and slag on. Putting them in their own isolated echo chamber doesn't solve anything.
                        They aren't leaving unless they are banned. Don't fall for this BS. For fuck sakes most of them are posting that crap from their IPhones.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I don't get the bandwagon aversion to FB. I check it once or twice a week and my "feed" is 90% friends and family, the rest a few accounts I follow. If I see anything obviously lame I scroll past it.
                          Because it is like 50% of the reason the Anti-Vax crap spread so fast? Because Mark Zuckerburg is a Kapo Nazi Fuckwit? Because the interface itself sucks and has sucked since about 2009?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/stat...24890865180676

                            The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack has asked Sean Hannity, the Fox News host, to cooperate by answering questions about his communications with Donald Trump before and after the riot.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1478522771093082112

                              So Michigan and Pennsylvania's SOS were put into power by George Soros to certify the election for Biden?
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1478522771093082112

                                So Michigan and Pennsylvania's SOS were put into power by George Soros to certify the election for Biden?
                                Man, Trumpers need to quit b*tching about Soros and start charging him rent for living in their brains....
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                                Live Radio from 100.3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X