Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    This is going to be a very hard sell in the world of high school sports. As a whole, simply winning the genetic lottery (being naturally a bigger/faster/stronger teen) can put you in the top 20% of competing athletes before a program/coach does one thing to advance you. And of all High School sports, Track & Field is the runaway leader for simply winning based on your numbers coming up.

How do you make the case that 15-18 year old men and women are on equal physiological footing at that point in their lives? I don't believe mental/social wellness is a factor in this particular decision (there absolutely should be ZERO exclusion of trans people anywhere else on a HS campus). Biology is the driving factor here, nothing else.
    Given the requirements that MT has given us on testosterone and estrogen, as to percentages...it's a different game nowadays, per my understanding. So it's not like someone like Jesse Owens can just say "I'm identifying as a woman!" and switch over, you know?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

This is going to be a very hard sell in the world of high school sports. As a whole, simply winning the genetic lottery (being naturally a bigger/faster/stronger teen) can put you in the top 20% of competing athletes before a program/coach does one thing to advance you. And of all High School sports, Track & Field is the runaway leader for simply winning based on your numbers coming up.

How do you make the case that 15-18 year old men and women are on equal physiological footing at that point in their lives? I don't believe mental/social wellness is a factor in this particular decision (there absolutely should be ZERO exclusion of trans people anywhere else on a HS campus). Biology is the driving factor here, nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Not exactly sure how allowing trans girls to compete in sports is a civil rights violation, so F U Betsy.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Kid dodged a bullet. Happy ending.
    I didn't quite think of that at first, but you're absolutely right. It is still upsetting to read, but thankfully the kid will be in a home that can better fit him.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    This. The people are clearly terrible, but I'm glad the kid got outta there.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Oh for fu**s sake. I get upset when I hear people have to re-home puppies because they're more work than expected. I never thought I would ever read an article about a child being re-homed because of the same.
    Also, I work with autistic kids. This breaks my heart.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Oh for fu**s sake. I get upset when I hear people have to re-home puppies because they're more work than expected. I never thought I would ever read an article about a child being re-homed because of the same.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

YouTube "celebrity" adopts son, only to give him back to the agency when she discovers he has autism.

https://people.com/parents/youtuber-...tism/?amp=true

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Not a good week, Twin Cities.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Minneapolis On a roll. This chode is same guy behind the save lake Calhoun movement

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ling-police-on
    I looooooove love love love his claim for not being racist. "If you were a group of women, I would have done the same thing."

Hahahahahahahahaha. He lets us know that he's not only racist, but a misogynist to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Minneapolis On a roll. This chode is same guy behind the save lake Calhoun movement

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ling-police-on

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Yeah that’s in the cop thread too

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

What in the ****ing hell? In Minneapolis? I am ****ing crushed that this happened there.

https://www.startribune.com/man-dies...J4XWKzZf1IhV8E

Federal authorities are investigating a white Minneapolis police officer for possible civil rights violations, after a video surfaced Monday that showed him kneeling on a handcuffed African-American man's neck and ignoring the man's protests that he couldn't breathe. The man later died.

An attorney for the man's family identified him as George Floyd.

"We all watched the horrific death of George Floyd on video as witnesses begged the police officer to take him to the police car and get off his neck," read the statement from attorney Benjamin Crump, who also represents the families of Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor, two African-Americans killed in recent high-profile incidents. "This abusive, excessive and inhumane use of force cost the life of a man who was being detained by the police for questioning about a nonviolent charge."

Officials have not publicly named the officer in question, but two sources familiar with the investigation identified him as Derek Chauvin.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Reverse the races and people aren't going to love the white guy hassling and filming the black woman.
    Bingo. Hopefully at some point the law catches up to technology with regard to these situations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X