Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Also, 2018, 2019, somewhere in there, I showed up to the Center to spend time with Mama Wendy. She promptly took me over to the double pane windows, pulled the blinds back, and showed me a few bullet holes. The bullets penetrated the first pane, but not the second. The same shooter tried to target the Ottawa County Dems, located a few doors down from us.

Between December 2019 and August 2020, I was visible in Out On the Lakeshore's efforts to get sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression added to Holland's non-discrimination ordinance. August 19, at least 5 people opposed threatened direct violence on my community and those opposed who didn't threaten violence screamed all sorts of hateful rhetoric towards my community. I was pleased the ordinance passed 8-1, but holy hell, I feel I left that night soaked in blood, but victorious. The wounds healed from that night, but the scars remain.

Before the election in November 2020, two visibly queer friends of mine had their home targeted in Allendale. They have a trans flag out front and had Biden/Harris signs in the yard; their window was shot out, but they were unharmed.

And what so many people don't understand is the rhetoric coming from the President's Twitter directly contributes to acts like these. When he said "stand back and stand by," many of us were afraid for legitimate reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Following the events of January 6, many LGBTQIA centers received threatening messages on their Facebook pages, including Out On the Lakeshore in Holland the Out Center of Southwest Michigan.

Out On the Lakeshore is my home away from home. The volunteers there basically raised me after I came out. My heart is broken tonight.
    It will get worse before it gets better.

The "conservative" movement is just a silt trap for every homophobe, racist, sexist sociopath now. This is the Klan without the sartorial splendor. The National Association of Trailer Trash.

And like the Klan as you get out into the sticks some cops are part of it too. And sheriffs. Sometimes even judges.

Be careful out there. Jesusf-ckistan is a land of hate.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Following the events of January 6, many LGBTQIA centers received threatening messages on their Facebook pages, including Out On the Lakeshore in Holland the Out Center of Southwest Michigan.

Out On the Lakeshore is my home away from home. The volunteers there basically raised me after I came out. My heart is broken tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Tom Brady (or Tom Brady's company) got roughly $960K in PPP loans.

I think Brady's punishment should be spending a day with Kepler.
    Or a night...

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Tom Brady (or Tom Brady's company) got roughly $960K in PPP loans.

I think Brady's punishment should be spending a day with Kepler.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

God...meth...same difference!

Do you think this was the same god that told Joel Osteen to get PPP funds?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1339007346824142853
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    God...meth...same difference!

Do you think this was the same god that told Joel Osteen to get PPP funds?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1339007346824142853

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    God seems to hate children

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...nZYfGDPjuAkrMY

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Conservatives. They never change.
    Pshaw. Sometimes they drag people behind TRUCKS!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Conservatives. They never change.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Happy Chanukah

A man was injured Saturday during a menorah lighting in Kentucky when a driver yelling anti-Semitic slurs assaulted him, officials and police said.

The assault occurred at the University of Kentucky Jewish Center in Lexington, according to the Chabad of the Bluegrass.

In a Facebook post, the Chabad said the driver pulled up to the university center Saturday night and began shouting abusive language when a community member "heroically" stepped in front of the car.

“The attacker grabbed the man and held his arm, dragging him for a block, and running over his leg,” the group's post said. “The car then sped off.”

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    A friend of mine in Allendale had her window shot out tonight. I should note my friend is a VERY liberal trans lesbian with anti-Trump signs in her yard and a trans flag hanging on her front porch.
    You be careful, girl.

There's a reason I don't have any Democratic or liberal iconography on my car or home. You can't be too careful in a world where Nazis are obtaining outright support from LEO and the government.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Jeebus. Stay safe MT.

(I see notifications for subbed threads no longer work reliably.)

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    A friend of mine in Allendale had her window shot out tonight. I should note my friend is a VERY liberal trans lesbian with anti-Trump signs in her yard and a trans flag hanging on her front porch.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Azerbaijan is in a shooting war with Armenia right now. So this is the music video they tweeted.

Who had this in their Future Dystopian pool? Turns out Neal Stephenson was boring compared to reality.
    Yeah but like how could an argument between a couple of small eastern European countries grow into something big?

I for one am shocked that having enclaves and exclaves doesn't result in peace for all time.
    Last edited by French Rage; 10-02-2020, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X