Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen Hits Cyclists...Doesn't Get Arrested
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Now he can go inpregnate someone and collect 10k

Comment

• Kavanaugh would clap him on the back and offer him a beer.

Comment

• A residential addiction treatment facility was proposed in Muskegon, MI.

It was rejected because the residents of the proposed neighborhood compared addicts to dogs.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            A residential addiction treatment facility was proposed in Muskegon, MI.

It was rejected because the residents of the proposed neighborhood compared addicts to dogs.
            NIMBYs. Drug addicts are terrifying…until you actually work with them on a regular basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              A residential addiction treatment facility was proposed in Muskegon, MI.

They don’t like the idea of being reminded that Mama’s Little Helpers might actually be an issue.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                NIMBYs
                Same reason why I voted for legal weed, but I'm about to vote against allowing dispensaries and grow/processing facilities in my suburb. Take it 10-15 minutes down the road to Madison Heights or Hazel Park, they already have a dozen of them and more are opening every month. Those gentrifying, lower-middle class burbs actually need the tax money; we don't.

Comment

• Texas: teachers told to balance books about Holocaust with "opposing views."

What the hell is it about the Right and history?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hools-rcna2965
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Wait, what? There's a "balanced" view on the Holocaust? AYFKM?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Wait, what? There's a "balanced" view on the Holocaust? AYFKM?
                      I think it's called Mein Kampf...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I think it's called Mein Kampf...

Comment

• A teacher got reprimanded because she sent home a book about being Anti-Racist and a parent complained. Good thing no one disrespects teachers...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            A teacher got reprimanded because she sent home a book about being Anti-Racist and a parent complained. Good thing no one disrespects teachers...
                            And a cop got attacked by a woman with a baseball bat this morning. Your point?

Jeez, sorry I popped the "teacher as martyr" bubble. I didn't know it was such a touchy subject.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• What a bumble-cluster ...

Gina Peddy, the Carroll school district’s executive director of curriculum and instruction, made the comment Friday afternoon during a training session on which books teachers can have in classroom libraries. The training came four days after the Carroll school board, responding to a parent’s complaint, voted to reprimand a fourth grade teacher who had kept an anti-racism book in her classroom.

A Carroll staff member secretly recorded the Friday training and shared the audio with NBC News.

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Peddy said in the recording, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues. “And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust,” Peddy continued, “that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

“How do you oppose the Holocaust?” one teacher said in response.

“Believe me,” Peddy said. “That’s come up.”
                              https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hools-rcna2965

I don't know Ms. Peddy, no idea about her or her views, but that NBC story makes her almost a sympathetic figure as she's the messenger with a crap message to bring.

No author of repute has written an "opposing view" as there is no opposing view to "genocide is wrong".

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• That is the article we are discussing Sic just an FYI.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X