Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Not exactly sure how allowing trans girls to compete in sports is a civil rights violation, so F U Betsy.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

This is going to be a very hard sell in the world of high school sports. As a whole, simply winning the genetic lottery (being naturally a bigger/faster/stronger teen) can put you in the top 20% of competing athletes before a program/coach does one thing to advance you. And of all High School sports, Track & Field is the runaway leader for simply winning based on your numbers coming up.

How do you make the case that 15-18 year old men and women are on equal physiological footing at that point in their lives? I don't believe mental/social wellness is a factor in this particular decision (there absolutely should be ZERO exclusion of trans people anywhere else on a HS campus). Biology is the driving factor here, nothing else.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        This is going to be a very hard sell in the world of high school sports. As a whole, simply winning the genetic lottery (being naturally a bigger/faster/stronger teen) can put you in the top 20% of competing athletes before a program/coach does one thing to advance you. And of all High School sports, Track & Field is the runaway leader for simply winning based on your numbers coming up.

How do you make the case that 15-18 year old men and women are on equal physiological footing at that point in their lives? I don't believe mental/social wellness is a factor in this particular decision (there absolutely should be ZERO exclusion of trans people anywhere else on a HS campus). Biology is the driving factor here, nothing else.
        Given the requirements that MT has given us on testosterone and estrogen, as to percentages...it's a different game nowadays, per my understanding. So it's not like someone like Jesse Owens can just say "I'm identifying as a woman!" and switch over, you know?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Odds are that the trans girls in question here were on puberty blockers before competing. Puberty blockers prevent that sweet, sweet testosterone from kicking in. You can't even be prescribed hormones until 16 years old. Also, the trans girls in question have lost and have lost badly to the cis girls bringing the lawsuit. This is explained in the article.

Also, HI! The other night, I simply gave up trying to open a pickle jar and handed it off to my stepfather in frustration. Yet USA Triathlon says unless I jump through several hoops and sacrifice a few farm animals, I can't compete with the girls, even though my documentation has a big fat F on it.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Given the requirements that MT has given us on testosterone and estrogen, as to percentages...it's a different game nowadays, per my understanding. So it's not like someone like Jesse Owens can just say "I'm identifying as a woman!" and switch over, you know?
            Yeah. It's not how conservatives or the media sells it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              I know there are standards that the IOC and other sanctioning bodies set and those are a huge step in the right direction towards the issue. When it comes down to the high school level, I have not once seen anyone set a guideline however. In the above case, does Connecticut stand by the IOC guidelines?

Comment

I know there are standards that the IOC and other sanctioning bodies set and those are a huge step in the right direction towards the issue. When it comes down to the high school level, I have not once seen anyone set a guideline however. In the above case, does Connecticut stand by the IOC guidelines?
                The key thing is the cis girls bringing the lawsuit have beaten the trans girls they're suing time and time again. These girls do not have an unfair advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  The key thing is the cis girls bringing the lawsuit have beaten the trans girls they're suing time and time again. These girls do not have an unfair advantage.
                  From the article:

"The dispute, already the subject of a federal lawsuit, centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their competitors, winning a combined 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit"

Winning 15 state level races over 3 years between two individuals is not exactly indicative of getting beat "time and time again". The girl who is cited in the article for beating the two in question won twice in that span.

Comment

From the article:

"The dispute, already the subject of a federal lawsuit, centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their competitors, winning a combined 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit"

Winning 15 state level races over 3 years between two individuals is not exactly indicative of getting beat "time and time again". The girl who is cited in the article for beating the two in question won twice in that span.
                    Then I misread it. But typically trans girls suck at sports and need help opening jars. These two may be good, but are not indicative of ALL TRANS GIRLS.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Then I misread it. But typically trans girls suck at sports and need help opening jars. These two may be good, but are not indicative of ALL TRANS GIRLS.
                      That's the rub though. When the trans athlete is running sub 5:00 in the 1600m you are gonna have to answer questions. Would that athlete still be sub 5:00 with a more feminine bone/muscle structure? Again, there is solid, biological evidence in play here (and although it's a main driver, Testosterone is not the only factor). Conversely, if a trans track athlete is running a 7:00 1600m, no one says anything. They can compete in the JV meets all they want. Same thing with a 3rd string shortstop on the softball team or the 5th line defenseman on the hockey team. So by your description, a majority of trans girls will be left alone to enjoy their sports. It's when they compete at elite levels the questions get asked, and as I said earlier, there aren't exactly easy answers there.

Comment

The IOC guidelines won't matter as long as they aren't state or federal law, and as long as Goopers can pack the courts with far-right judges.

Comment

Either way, I still have to jump through hoops and sacrifice a goat AND a few other farm animals to compete. Happens to trans girls of all ages.

And what I've seen from conservatives and more is they ignore the 98.7% of the times a trans girl loses (we are inept at sports), but act like the rare events we win are a typical thing.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Is that a cop? Looks like one from his rage issues

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Is that a cop? Looks like one from his rage issues
                                No just some biker guy. That is why I put it here not in the cop thread.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X