Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Trust me you arent missing much...take CNN and remove all the personality and add a heaping helping of "we are better than you and we know it and you are too stupid to realize it!" and you get a general idea.

Their issue now is the masses have better access to information so when the Times screws up they get dragged for it pretty badly. The amount of times they have been ripped for their ridiculous editorial mistakes and misinformation is kind of amazing. They are a paper filled with Maggie Haberman's...just begging to be close to power and speaking out of both side's of their mouth to try and placate everyone. That would work 30 years ago but in today's world it just doesn't fly.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Your point 2 doesnt matter, they have had a vendetta against Hillary since the 90s.
    That I would believe. I stopped reading the NYT in the mid 80s so I have no idea, but I remember they have their favorites.

Molly Ivins still has the definitive takedown of the NYT, if I can find it someplace.
    Last edited by Kepler; 08-14-2020, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah that isnt their reputation anymore and it certainly isnt how they write or act. They dont like any women. They despise the non-Hampton class in general, but they disrespect all women. At least that is what women seem to say...

Your point 2 doesnt matter, they have had a vendetta against Hillary since the 90s. Come on man they didnt even leave their dislike of her out of the article they wrote about her house having a bomb sent to it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JerryDunl...00193220005896

The NY Times hates Hillary (and women) so much they apparently forgot she ran for President in 2016. That paper is a joke...
    1. The NYT doesn't hate women. It's hates women who don't have property in the Hamptons.

2. The NYT is Hillary. Elite, educated, wealthy, centrist, entitled, decrepit, self-important and clueless. (Yes, I know I am 7 out of 8.)

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    https://twitter.com/dseetharaman/sta...94884400324608

The inevitable sequel to The Social Network is going to cover the period in which Zuckerberg and Sanderberg turn Facebook into the preferred right-wing conspiracy platform of Middle America's redneck relatives.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JerryDunl...00193220005896

The NY Times hates Hillary (and women) so much they apparently forgot she ran for President in 2016. That paper is a joke...

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    "Hey babe, after the BLM protest why don'tcha come back to my place to watch that new Netflix race doc and chill?"

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Good lord...further proof that stupid is not exclusive to any one political party. (since we know who made a fuss and it wasnt the GOP)
    Yeah, these are just your ordinary rural bumpkins who barely passed 6th grade Geography. They probably think Sweden is the whole Scandinavian peninsula and when asked where Norway is, they would point to Iceland or Denmark.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Good lord...further proof that stupid is not exclusive to any one political party. (since we know who made a fuss and it wasnt the GOP)

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Muricans r stoopid, Exhibit #2934984989

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1288087827255889922

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    "All Lives Matter!" A few minutes later... "kill transgenders!" from the same crowd!

To recap: taking a knee for the anthem is very, very bad. Yelling kill people like me is peachy. That's their logic.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Tell that to AOC...
    The NYT limousine liberals don't hate AOC because she's a woman. They, like the DNC, hate her because her policy suggestions expose them as hypocrites, cynics, and perpetuating the problem while lying they are trying to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Tell that to AOC...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Yeah the NYTs is now a bastion of "Rich White Maleness". They probably feel having a woman in the picture will stop them from being cancelled.
    The NYT rich diverse femaleness is equally insufferable. I grew up with that paper. It has always been like that.

The Times loves you regardless of race or gender as long as you are "comfortable."

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

This is a real quote from the article.

“I used to leave the office and go to Starbucks for a vanilla latte, or just take a walk around the block. Now, if I want coffee I have to walk by my son into the kitchen, so there is no break between work and being a mom.”

The kid does classes from the butler pantry.
    You know what would solve that problem?

The guillotine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X