Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And why was she triggered to go on that rant because someone told her she needed to convert to Judaism if she wants to call herself Jewish?
    Yeah, it all started when someone responded with a simple "Doesn't work that way." when she said she was Jewish after getting engaged.
    the state of hockey is good

    Comment


    • Any Guess Who This Guy Voted For
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

      Comment


      • What a koinkeedink that the reporter was black.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

        Comment


        • Did they apprehend Peter Griffin?

          Cornell '04, Stanford '06


          KDR

          Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

          Test to see if I can add this.

          Comment


          • True story from today:

            (Be warned this might not be very woke)

            My GF and her friends went to a restaurant today atodthey were having a good time until the table next to them stayed causing problems. The 3 ladies were Muslims in hijabs. They ordered a risotto dish that had pork in it. IT WAS LABELLED AS HAVING PORK! The dish ca MN e and they threw a fit. They dressed down the young waitress and screamed for a manager. Manager came and apologized for the screw up (which it wasnt) and comped their meal. They called it racial profiling and disrespectful and that they should know not to serve pork to Muslims and they were ignorant fools.(apparently not reading the menu isn't fucking ignorant) Manager apologizes again and leaves.

            End of story right? WRONG! Young waitress came back and apologized and said she learned a valuable lesson and will never make the mistake again. Thanked them for educating her. THEY DRESSED HER DOWN AGAIN! They accused her of racial profiling again, called her ignorant again and screamed and hollered. They demanded another manager who showed up and apologized and they continued to yell. He asked them to leave and they then said he was profiling them for being BLACK!

            Now my GF and her friends all either worked in the service or had friends who did (and they had the same waitress so they sympathized) so they speak up. The Muslim ladies then start videoing the interaction and accuse them of racism and Islamophobia. The ladies finally leave after 45 fucking minutes...

            Fuck you you fucking *****es. Fuck you for trying to White Guilt away your fucking mistake and not listening when people apologize. Fuck you for accusing people of racism to get your way. And fuck you for treating people how people treated you after 9/11 because you are too stupid to read a fucking menu!!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              True story from today:

              (Be warned this might not be very woke)

              My GF and her friends went to a restaurant today atodthey were having a good time until the table next to them stayed causing problems. The 3 ladies were Muslims in hijabs. They ordered a risotto dish that had pork in it. IT WAS LABELLED AS HAVING PORK! The dish ca MN e and they threw a fit. They dressed down the young waitress and screamed for a manager. Manager came and apologized for the screw up (which it wasnt) and comped their meal. They called it racial profiling and disrespectful and that they should know not to serve pork to Muslims and they were ignorant fools.(apparently not reading the menu isn't fucking ignorant) Manager apologizes again and leaves.

              End of story right? WRONG! Young waitress came back and apologized and said she learned a valuable lesson and will never make the mistake again. Thanked them for educating her. THEY DRESSED HER DOWN AGAIN! They accused her of racial profiling again, called her ignorant again and screamed and hollered. They demanded another manager who showed up and apologized and they continued to yell. He asked them to leave and they then said he was profiling them for being BLACK!

              Now my GF and her friends all either worked in the service or had friends who did (and they had the same waitress so they sympathized) so they speak up. The Muslim ladies then start videoing the interaction and accuse them of racism and Islamophobia. The ladies finally leave after 45 fucking minutes...

              Fuck you you fucking *****es. Fuck you for trying to White Guilt away your fucking mistake and not listening when people apologize. Fuck you for accusing people of racism to get your way. And fuck you for treating people how people treated you after 9/11 because you are too stupid to read a fucking menu!!
              The waitress should've called out the pork dish when they ordered, but I suppose not everyone knows enough about Islam to know they don't eat pork. Seems likely to me that they knew the whole time and this was their strategy for scamming a free meal. Especially on 9/11. Very suspicious.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                The waitress should've called out the pork dish when they ordered, but I suppose not everyone knows enough about Islam to know they don't eat pork. Seems likely to me that they knew the whole time and this was their strategy for scamming a free meal. Especially on 9/11. Very suspicious.
                No way. The waitress should not have called out the pork dish. THAT would be profiling. if someone orders something, you bring it to them. If someone has special food needs, they need to speak up themselves. Not everyone follows every rule in their religion. If some red head with a beaded necklace ordered a burger on a Friday during lent, is it the server's responsibility to know he's a Catholic and further know the nuances of the nuttier parts of Catholicism?

                nah man. It's not the server's responsibility to know all religious dietary needs.
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-12-2021, 07:28 AM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Yeah no you can’t assume every person who looks Muslim won’t eat pork because Muslims come from everywhere- that would be profiling.

                  those ladies wanted a free meal and to be terrible people

                  Comment


                  • But they were cool with the rest of the meat not being halal?

                    "That's suspicious. That's weird."
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                    Live Radio from 100.3

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                      No way. The waitress should not have called out the pork dish. THAT would be profiling. if someone orders something, you bring it to them. If someone has special food needs, they need to speak up themselves. Not everyone follows every rule in their religion. If some red head with a beaded necklace ordered a burger on a Friday during lent, is it the server's responsibility to know he's a Catholic and further know the nuances of the nuttier parts of Catholicism?

                      nah man. It's not the server's responsibility to know all religious dietary needs.
                      Bingo. I mean the Hijab was a strong marker but that doesn't mean they kept strict to the rules. And again, it says there is pork right on the friggin menu.

                      They were definitely scamming, but to me it is more than just a meal. They want to go viral. No one who watches the video will think they are wrong, because all their bad behavior was before they started filming. To anyone who watches it will look like a bunch of Karens and a bunch of White restaurant workers being mean to Black Muslims.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Waiting for Rex Chapman to quote tweet the video calling out Minnesota.
                        the state of hockey is good

                        Comment


                        • R. Kelly has been found guilty of sex trafficking.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

                          Comment


                          • This world doesn't have to be so dark.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              This world doesn't have to be so dark.
                              Guess it does - removed for copyright violation!
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                                Guess it does - removed for copyright violation!
                                Nope, it's fine.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X