Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking the most common situation is some bro as-shole rapes a girl then claims to be drunk.

Yes, there are rapes which are miscommunication. Dr. Mrs. wrote a whole dissertation on it, which means I wrote a whole dissertation on it to make it into English. But the majority of rapists are flat our rapists, and they go free, and now they have another tool. Oh joy.
    I would agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I'm thinking the most common situation that will happen, is say, a Tinder thing, or similar. All are sober when the night begins, the individuals basically state that there will be sex that night, then they get all *ed up on whatever, and one individual changes their mind before the act occurs.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the most common situation is some bro as-shole rapes a girl then claims to be drunk. How else does a righty get laid?

Yes, there are rapes which are miscommunication. Dr. Mrs. wrote a whole dissertation on it, which means I wrote a whole dissertation on it to make it into English. But the majority of rapists are flat out rapists, and they go free, and now they have another tool. Oh joy.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-05-2020, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Look I kind of get what they are saying...but not all crimes require intent. Does the "I was too drunk" defense pertain to negligence and recklessness as well? Those dont require you to have criminal thoughts.

I think that is setting a really bad precedent but maybe uno can define it better for us?
    It's the precedent I'm really worried about. As I mentioned (and the article specifically points out) you can't just say "I was too loaded" and be fine. However, ONE case goes that way...uh oh.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Look I kind of get what they are saying...but not all crimes require intent. Does the "I was too drunk" defense pertain to negligence and recklessness as well? Those dont require you to have criminal thoughts.

I think that is setting a really bad precedent but maybe uno can define it better for us?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It's a fascinating philosophical question about who "I" am. Am I the sum of my decisions, or just my rational decisions? And are my irrational decisions still bound by my conscious decisions if I chose to become irrational?

It's great fodder for philosophy, but I also see rich frat boys raping with impun-- oh, wait. They did before.
    I'm thinking the most common situation that will happen, is say, a Tinder thing, or similar. All are sober when the night begins, the individuals basically state that there will be sex that night, then they get all *ed up on whatever, and one individual changes their mind before the act occurs.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    With older folks I tend to keep my mouth shut, may have Alzheimer's or dementia setting in and such. I mean I'd try to get her to stop pestering my kids, but go off? Probably not.

Edit: Not saying this person went off, she definitely didn't.
    I always back off in situations like this. Every scenario has a negative expected value for responding:

1. Drunk, having a bad day, or crazy: will make them physically violent
    2. Conservative: will make them afraid and they'll use their pew pew d-ck enhancer
    3. Liberal: is clueless and/or fresh from college and will become more annoying

Head down, back off. Let the f-ck die in a traffic accident someday.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

It's a fascinating philosophical question about who "I" am. Am I the sum of my decisions, or just my rational decisions? And are my irrational decisions still bound by my conscious decisions if I chose to become irrational?

It's great fodder for philosophy, but I also see rich frat boys raping with impun-- oh, wait. They did before.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

This could get messy in the future. Too drunk/high/etc is a legit defense in rape/assault cases. Yes, there are many strings attached, but...

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/wom...lown-1.4969716

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

With older folks I tend to keep my mouth shut, may have Alzheimer's or dementia setting in and such. I mean I'd try to get her to stop pestering my kids, but go off? Probably not.

Edit: Not saying this person went off, she definitely didn't.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It’s never too early to teach your kids to say “f- off Karen!”

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Is that a cop? Looks like one from his rage issues
    No just some biker guy. That is why I put it here not in the cop thread.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Is that a cop? Looks like one from his rage issues

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Either way, I still have to jump through hoops and sacrifice a goat AND a few other farm animals to compete. Happens to trans girls of all ages.

And what I've seen from conservatives and more is they ignore the 98.7% of the times a trans girl loses (we are inept at sports), but act like the rare events we win are a typical thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X