Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following the events of January 6, many LGBTQIA centers received threatening messages on their Facebook pages, including Out On the Lakeshore in Holland the Out Center of Southwest Michigan.

Out On the Lakeshore is my home away from home. The volunteers there basically raised me after I came out. My heart is broken tonight.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Following the events of January 6, many LGBTQIA centers received threatening messages on their Facebook pages, including Out On the Lakeshore in Holland the Out Center of Southwest Michigan.

Out On the Lakeshore is my home away from home. The volunteers there basically raised me after I came out. My heart is broken tonight.
      It will get worse before it gets better.

The "conservative" movement is just a silt trap for every homophobe, racist, sexist sociopath now. This is the Klan without the sartorial splendor. The National Association of Trailer Trash.

And like the Klan as you get out into the sticks some cops are part of it too. And sheriffs. Sometimes even judges.

Be careful out there. Jesusf-ckistan is a land of hate.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Also, 2018, 2019, somewhere in there, I showed up to the Center to spend time with Mama Wendy. She promptly took me over to the double pane windows, pulled the blinds back, and showed me a few bullet holes. The bullets penetrated the first pane, but not the second. The same shooter tried to target the Ottawa County Dems, located a few doors down from us.

Between December 2019 and August 2020, I was visible in Out On the Lakeshore's efforts to get sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression added to Holland's non-discrimination ordinance. August 19, at least 5 people opposed threatened direct violence on my community and those opposed who didn't threaten violence screamed all sorts of hateful rhetoric towards my community. I was pleased the ordinance passed 8-1, but holy hell, I feel I left that night soaked in blood, but victorious. The wounds healed from that night, but the scars remain.

Before the election in November 2020, two visibly queer friends of mine had their home targeted in Allendale. They have a trans flag out front and had Biden/Harris signs in the yard; their window was shot out, but they were unharmed.

And what so many people don't understand is the rhetoric coming from the President's Twitter directly contributes to acts like these. When he said "stand back and stand by," many of us were afraid for legitimate reasons.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
        X