Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah the NYTs is now a bastion of "Rich White Maleness". They probably feel having a woman in the picture will stop them from being cancelled.
    This is a real quote from the article.

“I used to leave the office and go to Starbucks for a vanilla latte, or just take a walk around the block. Now, if I want coffee I have to walk by my son into the kitchen, so there is no break between work and being a mom.”

The kid does classes from the butler pantry.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

#KeplerProblems =0P
    Somebody tell Jim that's how it's done.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Yeah the NYTs is now a bastion of "Rich White Maleness". They probably feel having a woman in the picture will stop them from being cancelled.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    #KeplerProblems =0P

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    I don’t know where else to put this, so it’s going here for extreme lack of awareness.

Life is hard with two homes.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    Turns out Tucker Carlson's (now former) top writer, Blake Neff, is a racist, misogynistic POS...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media...eff/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Pssst...quite a few "Blue Wavers" are trollbot accounts, too.
    Oh I know...the bots are easy to find.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Well that would solve a lot of problems because there is quite a large overlap between these clowns and Bernie Bros. The amount of young people who fall for this cause they read it on Reddit is kind of astounding. It is one thing when I see WWG1WWA Trolls (those a Qanons Kep) saying it but when Blue Wavers post it good lord...
    Pssst...quite a few "Blue Wavers" are trollbot accounts, too.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Well that would solve a lot of problems because there is quite a large overlap between these clowns and Bernie Bros. The amount of young people who fall for this cause they read it on Reddit is kind of astounding. It is one thing when I see WWG1WWA Trolls (those a Qanons Kep) saying it but when Blue Wavers post it good lord...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    It just made Know Your Meme.

Not to put too fine a point on it but I think we could improve the world immeasurably by finding everybody who believes this and shooting them in the head.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I wondered why Wayfair was trending. And that's obviously coming from a Russo-Sino troll farm, since regular American shoppers know Wayfair is overpriced and you can usually get the same items off Amazon for 30-40% cheaper. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    The Jeb2020s of the world have started a new massive conspiracy that rivals #Pizzagate. Apparently Wayfair is selling ridiculously overpriced cabinets which are actually a front for sex slave trading. Yep...you read that right.

edit: Man the freaks are sensitive. When the sun rose and people started calling them out on it they pulled the tried and true "just because you dont agree with my opinion doesnt mean you have a right to argue with me over it!" without a hint of irony. They also get mad if it gets pointed out they support Trump...
    Last edited by Handyman; 07-10-2020, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Who are these people

https://mobile.***********/TheRickWi...70756799889408

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Last night, about 200 people showed up at Holland City Hall to support adding LGBT+ to the employment and housing non-discrimination ordinance. As we were winding down and the crowd was dispersing, a lady showed up passing out flyers using the "clobber verses" to explain what the Bible supposedly says about homosexuality. When she approached my friend Ryan and I, I said I was trans, and she took that as an invitation to debate my existence. As I was losing it and getting frustrated with her and tried to politely decline her offer, Ryan said "I'm a psychology major and I can tell you what psychology has to say," and proceeded to dunk on her. Then my friend Emily, a Mama Bear, yelled "as a saved Christian, let me give you a Mama hug." Fundie Flyer Lady, realizing she was totally outgunned, walked away in defeat.

Emily gave me a hug and a few bystanders asked if I was okay. Said I should be proud of myself and that we know what God has to say. Today, I am still a bit shaken up by the incident, but I know if my friends weren't there, it would have been much worse.
    Glad to hear that something that could have turned into a negative experience instead turned into a victory for you. I hope one day I'll be back home and can buy you a drink of choice. Stay strong!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Last night, about 200 people showed up at Holland City Hall to support adding LGBT+ to the employment and housing non-discrimination ordinance. As we were winding down and the crowd was dispersing, a lady showed up passing out flyers using the "clobber verses" to explain what the Bible supposedly says about homosexuality. When she approached my friend Ryan and I, I said I was trans, and she took that as an invitation to debate my existence. As I was losing it and getting frustrated with her and tried to politely decline her offer, Ryan said "I'm a psychology major and I can tell you what psychology has to say," and proceeded to dunk on her. Then my friend Emily, a Mama Bear, yelled "as a saved Christian, let me give you a Mama hug." Fundie Flyer Lady, realizing she was totally outgunned, walked away in defeat.

Emily gave me a hug and a few bystanders asked if I was okay. Said I should be proud of myself and that we know what God has to say. Today, I am still a bit shaken up by the incident, but I know if my friends weren't there, it would have been much worse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X