Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state of hockey
    replied
    Waiting for Rex Chapman to quote tweet the video calling out Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

No way. The waitress should not have called out the pork dish. THAT would be profiling. if someone orders something, you bring it to them. If someone has special food needs, they need to speak up themselves. Not everyone follows every rule in their religion. If some red head with a beaded necklace ordered a burger on a Friday during lent, is it the server's responsibility to know he's a Catholic and further know the nuances of the nuttier parts of Catholicism?

nah man. It's not the server's responsibility to know all religious dietary needs.
    Bingo. I mean the Hijab was a strong marker but that doesn't mean they kept strict to the rules. And again, it says there is pork right on the friggin menu.

They were definitely scamming, but to me it is more than just a meal. They want to go viral. No one who watches the video will think they are wrong, because all their bad behavior was before they started filming. To anyone who watches it will look like a bunch of Karens and a bunch of White restaurant workers being mean to Black Muslims.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    But they were cool with the rest of the meat not being halal?

"That's suspicious. That's weird."

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yeah no you can’t assume every person who looks Muslim won’t eat pork because Muslims come from everywhere- that would be profiling.

those ladies wanted a free meal and to be terrible people

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The waitress should've called out the pork dish when they ordered, but I suppose not everyone knows enough about Islam to know they don't eat pork. Seems likely to me that they knew the whole time and this was their strategy for scamming a free meal. Especially on 9/11. Very suspicious.
    No way. The waitress should not have called out the pork dish. THAT would be profiling. if someone orders something, you bring it to them. If someone has special food needs, they need to speak up themselves. Not everyone follows every rule in their religion. If some red head with a beaded necklace ordered a burger on a Friday during lent, is it the server's responsibility to know he's a Catholic and further know the nuances of the nuttier parts of Catholicism?

nah man. It's not the server's responsibility to know all religious dietary needs.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-12-2021, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    True story from today:

(Be warned this might not be very woke)

My GF and her friends went to a restaurant today atodthey were having a good time until the table next to them stayed causing problems. The 3 ladies were Muslims in hijabs. They ordered a risotto dish that had pork in it. IT WAS LABELLED AS HAVING PORK! The dish ca MN e and they threw a fit. They dressed down the young waitress and screamed for a manager. Manager came and apologized for the screw up (which it wasnt) and comped their meal. They called it racial profiling and disrespectful and that they should know not to serve pork to Muslims and they were ignorant fools.(apparently not reading the menu isn't ****ing ignorant) Manager apologizes again and leaves.

End of story right? WRONG! Young waitress came back and apologized and said she learned a valuable lesson and will never make the mistake again. Thanked them for educating her. THEY DRESSED HER DOWN AGAIN! They accused her of racial profiling again, called her ignorant again and screamed and hollered. They demanded another manager who showed up and apologized and they continued to yell. He asked them to leave and they then said he was profiling them for being BLACK!

Now my GF and her friends all either worked in the service or had friends who did (and they had the same waitress so they sympathized) so they speak up. The Muslim ladies then start videoing the interaction and accuse them of racism and Islamophobia. The ladies finally leave after 45 ****ing minutes...

**** you you ****ing *****es. **** you for trying to White Guilt away your ****ing mistake and not listening when people apologize. **** you for accusing people of racism to get your way. And **** you for treating people how people treated you after 9/11 because you are too stupid to read a ****ing menu!!
    The waitress should've called out the pork dish when they ordered, but I suppose not everyone knows enough about Islam to know they don't eat pork. Seems likely to me that they knew the whole time and this was their strategy for scamming a free meal. Especially on 9/11. Very suspicious.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    True story from today:

(Be warned this might not be very woke)

My GF and her friends went to a restaurant today atodthey were having a good time until the table next to them stayed causing problems. The 3 ladies were Muslims in hijabs. They ordered a risotto dish that had pork in it. IT WAS LABELLED AS HAVING PORK! The dish ca MN e and they threw a fit. They dressed down the young waitress and screamed for a manager. Manager came and apologized for the screw up (which it wasnt) and comped their meal. They called it racial profiling and disrespectful and that they should know not to serve pork to Muslims and they were ignorant fools.(apparently not reading the menu isn't ****ing ignorant) Manager apologizes again and leaves.

End of story right? WRONG! Young waitress came back and apologized and said she learned a valuable lesson and will never make the mistake again. Thanked them for educating her. THEY DRESSED HER DOWN AGAIN! They accused her of racial profiling again, called her ignorant again and screamed and hollered. They demanded another manager who showed up and apologized and they continued to yell. He asked them to leave and they then said he was profiling them for being BLACK!

Now my GF and her friends all either worked in the service or had friends who did (and they had the same waitress so they sympathized) so they speak up. The Muslim ladies then start videoing the interaction and accuse them of racism and Islamophobia. The ladies finally leave after 45 ****ing minutes...

**** you you ****ing *****es. **** you for trying to White Guilt away your ****ing mistake and not listening when people apologize. **** you for accusing people of racism to get your way. And **** you for treating people how people treated you after 9/11 because you are too stupid to read a ****ing menu!!

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Did they apprehend Peter Griffin?

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    What a koinkeedink that the reporter was black.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Any Guess Who This Guy Voted For

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And why was she triggered to go on that rant because someone told her she needed to convert to Judaism if she wants to call herself Jewish?
    Yeah, it all started when someone responded with a simple "Doesn't work that way." when she said she was Jewish after getting engaged.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    And why was she triggered to go on that rant because someone told her she needed to convert to Judaism if she wants to call herself Jewish?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    How do you say you're a sad sack of sh-t without saying you're a sad sack of sh-t?

Azaelia Banks: Take my drink and watch this.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/02/2...angelica-ross/
    Didn't this chick start as a Disney girl or something? When did she decide she was an arbitrar of gender identity?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Yep he shot his kids with a spearfish because he thought his wife had passed monster genes.
    Lovecraft cover bands are the worst.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Yep he shot his kids with a spearfish because he thought his wife had passed monster genes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X