X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I was amazed when I moved here how many varieties of SPAM there were. At least a dozen.

I remember we had 1 can in the house and my dad threw it out about 10 years after I last recalled seeing it in the back of the pantry.
    Why?
    was still good to eat

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I was amazed when I moved here how many varieties of SPAM there were. At least a dozen.

I remember we had 1 can in the house and my dad threw it out about 10 years after I last recalled seeing it in the back of the pantry.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The level of poverty of American citizens in our Pacific Islands possessions is insane. The only thing worse is the level of poverty of some Native American tribes in New Mexico or Oklahoma. Appalachia and the ghetto look like Monaco in comparison.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-01-2023, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Guess that’s a TIL for me. Didn’t know SPAM was big anywhere outside of, well, Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Spam is OK if it's pan-fried. Taylor ham/pork roll has a better texture though.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The explanation, as with every abuse of those people, is colonialism.
    All I'll say is this. I once had a t-shirt with the word SPAM on the front of it in big yellow letters. It's the only article of clothing I've ever owned where someone offered to purchase it, literally off of my back.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The explanation, as with every abuse of those people, is colonialism.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

Spam is Hawaiian? I had no idea. It’s made in Austin, Minnesota, a lowlife town in the southern part of the state.
    It's consumed in mass quantities throughout the Pacific islands. Guam, Hawaii, Samoa, Philippines. It's cheap and they are super, super poor.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Spam is Hawaiian? I had no idea. It’s made in Austin, Minnesota, a lowlife town in the southern part of the state.
    Spam is huge in Alaska and Hawaii.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

well, hawaiian pizza has spam and pineapple
    so there's something

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied

Me with Hawaiians, trying Spam.

I was polite and didn't throw up until I got home.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I was eating them in our hospitality lounge here so there were like 6 Canadian faces staring at me excitedly asking “what do you think?!?”
    Me with Hawaiians, trying Spam.

I was polite and didn't throw up until I got home.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

TIL they are quote beloved by Canadians.
    I was eating them in our hospitality lounge here so there were like 6 Canadian faces staring at me excitedly asking “what do you think?!?”

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I tried all dressed chips today. They’re ok but I don’t understand the hype.
    TIL they are quote beloved by Canadians.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    I tried all dressed chips today. They’re ok but I don’t understand the hype.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X