Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought the Russians were famous for efficient and inexpensive solutions to technical problems in their space program (well, and covering up the body count).

But maybe that was just the Soviets.
    That was certainly my wife’s experience working with Russians at a physics lab in Japan. Americans are supposed to be known as “cowboys” and “rugged individualists” and “outside the box” thinkers, but MacGyver has nothing on the Russians. They could get the particle beam back on line with 2 paperclips and a wad of duct tape - because they’ve done that exact thing dozens of times. Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poverty is the grandpappy of necessity. When you’re always on a shoestring budget, you get pretty good at tying your shoes.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Kind of working on a whim here: Would anyone possibly have a recommendation on a Friday Fish Fry? Heading on the road in a few hours to Mankato for the CCHA Championship and figure it's worth a stop on a Lent Friday in Paint Thinner Nation. Looking for something convenient to I-90/94 in Madison or LaCrosse.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Wife leaves for Bangkok on Monday and I'll join her in the 30th. Will do a side jaunt to Myanmar for 4 days and we come back on the 16th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Wife leaves for Bangkok on Monday and I'll join her in the 30th. Will do a side jaunt to Myanmar for 4 days and we come back on the 16th.
          Sounds very exotic to midwesterners like me who rarely leave the country.

Other than Olive Gardens.

Comment

Wife leaves for Bangkok on Monday and I'll join her in the 30th. Will do a side jaunt to Myanmar for 4 days and we come back on the 16th.
            We are getting there on the 6th and staying for 3 weeks. Ramadan trip ;-)
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

We are getting there on the 6th and staying for 3 weeks. Ramadan trip ;-)
              Will you be in Naypyidaw or Yangon? We fly into Yangon on the 7th.

cc: Burd - if they have an OG I'll be sure to take a picture.

Comment

Will you be in Naypyidaw or Yangon? We fly into Yangon on the 7th.

cc: Burd - if they have an OG I'll be sure to take a picture.
                in thailand. doing the beach thing with girl and her sister with our daughter. koh samui, phuket, hua hin. up in the air about a quick stop in pattaya. then time in bangkok upon arrival and in the middle.

Comment

• booked france for end of june. will start in nice then monaco and cannes. finish in paris. airfare is nuts. boys are coming in from the states to meet us. wacky pricing!!

Comment

in thailand. doing the beach thing with girl and her sister with our daughter. koh samui, phuket, hua hin. up in the air about a quick stop in pattaya. then time in bangkok upon arrival and in the middle.
                    Got ya. Samui is where we honeymooned - love it there. Hopefully phuket isn't overly crowded for you. Hua Hin has great diving FYI. We're going to Rayong and Chantaburi. Before and after Myanmar.

Comment

Got ya. Samui is where we honeymooned - love it there. Hopefully phuket isn't overly crowded for you. Hua Hin has great diving FYI. We're going to Rayong and Chantaburi. Before and after Myanmar.
                      Nice

Comment

booked france for end of june. will start in nice then monaco and cannes. finish in paris. airfare is nuts. boys are coming in from the states to meet us. wacky pricing!!
                        You know how to live, sir.

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Booked for Tampa baybeeee!!

Comment

• Flights went from $400 to 1400+ before and after the ENG
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Flights went from $400 to 1400+ before and after the ENG
                              Seriously? I booked last night to avoid that. I used miles but I think my flights were $800 cash value . We’re talking directs on delta

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Flights went from $400 to 1400+ before and after the ENG
                                Also try punta gorda airport in Sarasota. I think you can do sun country and a few others there

Comment

Working...
                                X