Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    but mookie needs a trip bypass which will probably be next month so won't be able to travel :-( dammit.
    Geez, Mookie, good luck.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

but mookie needs a trip bypass which will probably be next month so won't be able to travel :-( dammit.
      Jesus H Christ way to bury the lede! :-(

Be okay, my friend. Full recovery and back to your amber waves of, um, grain before long.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah holy **** mook

get well and take care of yourself!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• All the Drs make this sound quite common. Mookie didn’t know that I’m the medical term for this is “cabbage” for example. They would talk amongst themselves saying stuff like “he needs cabbage” or “he is going to get cabbage” :-0
          surgeon confided risk rates are 1-4%, whatever that means… not like mookie has ever hit powerball.
          only drawback is since it’s being done here, Mookie’s heirs won’t be able to sue the hospital for $$$,$$$,$$$ if anything goes wrong.
          do love that the operation will be done at Chest Diseases Hospital:-)
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

All the Drs make this sound quite common. Mookie didn’t know that I’m the medical term for this is “cabbage” for example. They would talk amongst themselves saying stuff like “he needs cabbage” or “he is going to get cabbage” :-0
            surgeon confided risk rates are 1-4%, whatever that means… not like mookie has ever hit powerball.
            only drawback is since it’s being done here, Mookie’s heirs won’t be able to sue the hospital for $$$,$$$,$$$ if anything goes wrong.
            do love that the operation will be done at Chest Diseases Hospital:-)
            Sorry I didn't pick up on what you meant when said bypass. Good luck my man and keep us posted. Did you schedule this at a US accredited resort/hospital in Thailand?

Comment

• Sorry man! It's an acronym - CABG - "coronary artery bypass graft". Be prepared for some substantial discomfort after, and rest rest rest rest!
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Good luck and always remember, it sucks to BU.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Sorry I didn't pick up on what you meant when said bypass. Good luck my man and keep us posted. Did you schedule this at a US accredited resort/hospital in Thailand?
                  Mookie don’t have government insurance in the land of smiles ;-)
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    I’ll mostly be working the entire time I’m there, I’m going as a futsal referee for the Arctic Winter Games and the schedule is packed, so I doubt I’ll have much time for sightseeing.

I did put in to attend the opening ceremony but it is a) outside and b) the temperature looks to be well below zero Fahrenheit so I may pass.

Good news is I’m flying charter so no long itinerary. I also may have tipped off an Alberta based YouTube plane spotter that a rare Alaska Airlines 737 will be making an appearance (and an Air Greenland A330).
                    For those curious as to what the Arctic Winter Games are, the CBC has a nice video explaining things a bit. This will actually be my first time at an Arctic Winter Games participating in some fashion though I've attended two others in Alaska.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Mookie good luck with the operation. Piece of cake : )
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

For those curious as to what the Arctic Winter Games are, the CBC has a nice video explaining things a bit. This will actually be my first time at an Arctic Winter Games participating in some fashion though I've attended two others in Alaska.
                        Hey, how did you end up working out that issue where they wanted you to present to a police station in Canada 14 hours away?
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Hey, how did you end up working out that issue where they wanted you to present to a police station in Canada 14 hours away?
                          Someone finally realized how stupid that was and allowed us Alaskans to go to our State Troopers.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I think I got the most Canadian welcome when I arrived last night: A bag of Timbits.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• I tried all dressed chips today. They’re ok but I don’t understand the hype.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I tried all dressed chips today. They’re ok but I don’t understand the hype.
                                TIL they are quote beloved by Canadians.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X