No announcement yet.

Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only problem with FRA is that the walk from your plane to immigration to the ICE train station is so friggin' long.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Only problem with FRA is that theyear walk from your plane to immigration to the ICE train station is so friggin' long.
      A while back Mrs burd and I vacationed on Maui. In preparation for the long flight back, we took some brownies a Maui friend had given us for the ride. By the time we'd landed in Honolulu for our connecting flight, they had really kicked in. We (I, at least) may have bitten off too much to do more than enjoy the ride. Our departure terminal was under construction, so we had to walk a long ways in and around a partly closed terminal to get to our plane. At various points I thought we were all lost, in a movie, or being hijacked, especially because there so few people in the areas we were walking through. If I remember correctly, we walked for at least an hour, probably more. Of the few people we saw during that walk, most were DEA agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Only problem with FRA is that the walk from your plane to immigration to the ICE train station is so friggin' long.
        And God help you if you're landing at Terminal 2

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

A while back Mrs burd and I vacationed on Maui. In preparation for the long flight back, we took some brownies a Maui friend had given us for the ride. By the time we'd landed in Honolulu for our connecting flight, they had really kicked in. We (I, at least) may have bitten off too much to do more than enjoy the ride. Our departure terminal was under construction, so we had to walk a long ways in and around a partly closed terminal to get to our plane. At various points I thought we were all lost, in a movie, or being hijacked, especially because there so few people in the areas we were walking through. If I remember correctly, we walked for at least an hour, probably more. Of the few people we saw during that walk, most were DEA agents.
          Doesn't help that HNL is a miserable airport to navigate, even when you aren't under the influence. Right up there with pre-renovation LGA.

Comment

• Echoing CDG as the world's worst airport of that class
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I am looking for reviews, experiences, and ideas for a 7-10 day trip to Lombardy. Dr. Mrs. & I are thinking up ways to celebrate my 60th. It is in February but we could do the trip any time during the year. We plan to stay away from summer because of tourists and heat.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I am looking for reviews, experiences, and ideas for a 7-10 day trip to Lombardy. Dr. Mrs. & I are thinking up ways to celebrate my 60th. It is in February but we could do the trip any time during the year. We plan to stay away from summer because of tourists and heat.
                Whynt head to Amsterdam and take a session in a glass room where all can see the threesome Dr Mrs. Got for Kep???
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Who had experience with Southwest airlines? Are they good?
                  What can you say about those reviews https://southwest-airlines.****edcon...om/review.html? Is it all true and describes the whole picture or is there something else you would like to say about them? If you would choose between American airlines and Southwest airlines , what would be your choice?
                  Last edited by anygreen; 09-21-2022, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• now Mookie loves Bangkok. But London has got to be the greatest city on earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      now Mookie loves Bangkok. But London has got to be the greatest city on earth.
                      I'm partial to Tokyo if talking large cities.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

I'm partial to Tokyo if talking large cities.
                        Mookie enjoyed Tokyo.
                        but to fault mookie he only spent 3 nights there and one day was ruined due to a sake hangover that would have killed a lesser man.
                        this is perhaps Mookie’s 6th stop in london. He has also been to Bangkok 10 times since moving to the ME.
                        volume helps, no doubt!

the spurs stadium is the finest mookie has ever seen. Just WOW

Comment

• Mookie 2022 so far
                          milan
                          rome
                          venice
                          berlin
                          krakow
                          warsaw
                          edinburgh
                          london
                          Stockholm
                          copenhagen
                          bangkok
                          paris
                          nyc
                          boston

nye will be in madrid
                          then 3 nights in Barcelona to start 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Mookie 2022 so far
                            milan
                            rome
                            venice
                            berlin
                            krakow
                            warsaw
                            edinburgh
                            london
                            Stockholm
                            copenhagen
                            bangkok
                            paris
                            nyc
                            boston

nye will be in madrid
                            then 3 nights in Barcelona to start 2023
                            Yet no Fargo?

Comment

Yet no Fargo?
                              He isn't committing suicide...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yet no Fargo?
                                Eh, he made it to Berlin, the pride of LaMoure County. Fargo would probably have been a bit much, given the rest of the list. : p
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X