No announcement yet.

Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depending on COVID restrictions, I might just get my car fixed, take a week off work, and start driving. Where I end up is where I end up.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• We do a big Europe trip every second year 4-5 weeks .

Next year was our year .

I’m not planning on it - I am the opposite of some of you as I find it depressing .
      Bought a vacation cabin nearby and plan on visiting it a lot more .

I want to travel again - but not in masks and fear - I will wait till there is a tried and true vaccine as I would die if I got covid - period ( health issues )

I look at our photos of last year - best trip yet - but lots of people and crowds - and no worries then - it was wonderful. I read expedia reviews to know how to plan my vacation.

Luckily I live in a beautiful place .
      Last edited by DonaldD; 04-23-2021, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• We're going to Da Yoop in September and hopefully catching peak or near-peak fall colors. My girlfriend has never been, so I'm taking her to most of the scenic highlights for a first-timer - Pictured Rocks, the Porkies, Brockway Mountain, etc. Then at the end, on our way home, I booked us into Mackinac Island for two nights. After seeing the current rates at the Grand Hotel and nearly keeling over, I settled on a nice Victorian-style B&B a block from Main Street and got essentially the same room for less than half the price and without the pretentious pomp of mandatory evening formal attire.

Comment

• Holy balls, there are non-stop flights to Portugal from DC in July (only a month notice) for $360.

Tourism must be really hurting. I wonder if anybody will fly you to Europe for free? I mean really. Like those old flights to Vegas.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I would not risk going to Europe right now...plenty of places there are looking coming waves of COVID.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I would not risk going to Europe right now...plenty of places there are looking coming waves of COVID.
              Great time for the Euros!
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Great time for the Euros!
                See also: Brazil and the Copa!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

See also: Brazil and the Copa!
                  In fairness to Brazil, they at least aren’t allowing fans.

(And the tournament is suspiciously sponsored by SinoVac)
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I would not risk going to Europe right now...plenty of places there are looking coming waves of COVID.
                    Me neither. I told my girlfriend we'd go visit her friends in Toulouse in 2022. As much as I want to get back to Europe (especially if it's southern France) I'm not going to risk having to cancel an overseas trip because of another COVID wave (like this "delta" variant) closing the borders. As for domestic travel, I'm not getting on a plane with all these fcking low class twatwaffles that can't keep their mouth shut about mask politics, can't handle their liquor (and/or edibles), and are causing this latest rash of in-air incidents. Plus, I can only imagine how insanely overcrowded the national parks are going to be this summer - it was bad enough when they were pouring 4.5 million a year into tiny Zion prior to the virus (and I see they still did 3.6m last year).

So, I figured we'll just spend time with our own rednecks above the bridge. I thought about going back to Isle Royale since no one really goes there, but as much as she allegedly likes camping I don't think she is ready for a serious backpacking trip.

Comment

• I'm really hoping for a cruise next year (Alaskan). I had planned to go on one this year but... duh.

I'm absolutely not booking any time soon though. I will hedge and if they're filled up for 2022, then so be it.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I'm actually looking forward to my first "travel" in over 18 months. Friday I head to the College World Series in Omaha with some buddies, something that I always look forward to. However, with fans showing up from Starkville, Knoxville and Nashville, I may have to claim to be from Paynesville, MN to fit in. Should be a blast, as always.

At the end of June, heading with the family to Door County, Wisconsin for a few days, and then in July, to Las Vegas with another group of friends.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          I'm really hoping for a cruise next year (Alaskan). I had planned to go on one this year but... duh.

I'm absolutely not booking any time soon though. I will hedge and if they're filled up for 2022, then so be it.
                          Always wanted to do one of those. Not sure I could get on a cruise ship ever, now.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I have flown a couple of times...neither time was bad and everyone followed the rules. Of course I was flying from Blue State to Blue state One time and from Blue State to Blue City in a Red State the other. It felt real good to travel again and I will continue my Blue State to Blue State travel as there are a lot of places I want to see again.

That is basically how I will play it until the Red States decide they want to play by the rules and Vax up. Even if I road trip the Red states will get damned near zero of my money.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Always wanted to do one of those. Not sure I could get on a cruise ship ever, now.
                              I absolutely will... eventually. A lot of cruise lines are looking to require vaccinations for all passengers (if they port in a country, all passengers must comply with visitor vaccination rules, even those who do not disembark). Florida is going to lose this battle - either they relent on their idiot rules and exempt cruise lines or Miami, et al, will become just another stop instead of the cruise hub.

That fight isn't likely to happen on Alaska cruises, as the ships typically port out of Seattle or Vancouver - two places that will not be so stupid.

If a cruise line requires covid vaccinations for all passengers, I'll sail with them.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                That fight isn't likely to happen on Alaska cruises, as the ships typically port out of Seattle or Vancouver - two places that will not be so stupid.
                                The same Alaska that has joined Florida’s lawsuit even though they’ve been warned that cruises will be canceled if they win?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X