No announcement yet.

Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Travieso Taqueria in Deephaven of all places is highly recommended! I've also heard good things about Taco Teresa's near Ridgedale but cannot yet vouch.

Went out on Tonka today and thankfully missed any rain. A light sweatshirt did the trick.

Maynard's had great dry rub wings but their walleye sandwich was not as good as I remember. Bummer.

Tomorrow we go down to campus to look around, map out his classrooms and then if the weather complies go to the Twins game.

Comment

• In a not at all shocking move, the EU is recommending the USA be taken off safe list for travelers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        In a not at all shocking move, the EU is recommending the USA be taken off safe list for travelers.
        If I were the UN I would quarantine us.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If I were the UN I would quarantine us.
          And our poor horses who are probably full of worms

Comment

And our poor horses who are probably full of worms
            OK I laughed like a hyena at that. I am a bad person.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

OK I laughed like a hyena at that. I am a bad person.
              Glad to see you’re still here!!!

Comment

Glad to see you’re still here!!!
                I have drifted a way a bit. But I check in

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  El Travieso Taqueria in Deephaven of all places is highly recommended! I've also heard good things about Taco Teresa's near Ridgedale but cannot yet vouch.

Went out on Tonka today and thankfully missed any rain. A light sweatshirt did the trick.

Maynard's had great dry rub wings but their walleye sandwich was not as good as I remember. Bummer.

Tomorrow we go down to campus to look around, map out his classrooms and then if the weather complies go to the Twins game.
                  You show that you understand how special this is, Slap. I remember the mixed emotions I had accompanying my kids to the colleges they chose. Excited and happy for them but aware of the quiet space they will leave behind in your home.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

You show that you understand how special this is, Slap. I remember the mixed emotions I had accompanying my kids to the colleges they chose. Excited and happy for them but aware of the quiet space they will leave behind in your home.
                    It's all I can do to not lose my ****. I am going to miss him like you cannot believe. If he was closer it wouldn't hurt so bad. And even knowing he has so many family members close by helps knowing he will be fine, it doesn't help the hole that's here knowing he's gone. I am so proud of him, excited for him and he's going to be a star. But I don't know how to describe the butterflies. Tonight he said himself he's going to miss me and I had to remain strong. This is life and this is progression but that's my boy.

Comment

• Can't even fathom this
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• mookie couldn’t wait to escape western pa and start out on his own. have to temper that memory with the guys now as they leave as mookie knows everyone approaches this differently. just have to let them know you are there to support them and help with whatever they may need, as well as give them as much space they want or don’t want.
                        huge difference as well in just a generation as mookie can txt or FaceTime have way around the world and speak with them instantly while back then it was writing letters or making long distance calls that would cost an arm and a leg!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• One upside, Slap, is that he may get a chance to see the Palace on the Prairie!

That alone is worth flying half way around the world.

Comment

• This brings back memories. It was the missing toothbrush in the holder that made me cry every night.
                            We were lucky enough that even tho he was in a dorm he went to the school mr les worked at. He was on a team and we knew if he was in trouble the coaches would not hesitate to light him up or support as needed. We got to see him compete but it was heart wrenching for the first year. I was a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              mookie couldn’t wait to escape western pa and start out on his own. have to temper that memory with the guys now as they leave as mookie knows everyone approaches this differently. just have to let them know you are there to support them and help with whatever they may need, as well as give them as much space they want or don’t want.
                              huge difference as well in just a generation as mookie can txt or FaceTime have way around the world and speak with them instantly while back then it was writing letters or making long distance calls that would cost an arm and a leg!!!
                              God, I remember using calling cards in college to call home once every week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

God, I remember using calling cards in college to call home once every week or two.
                                One of my off-campus roommates in college would use a calling card (we didn't have a long distance plan) to call his parents and tell them to call him back so as to only use a minute at a time.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X