Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2021, anyone there to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied

No longer Mattia's problem.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I love this guy so much.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's really funny for me. I used to autocross a lot (like 10-15 times a summer) and using anything wheeled to do the course walk has been banned forever. SO It's pretty funny that the top line racers are brought down to our level there.

And it kind of ignores the really super high fidelity models that are used in driving simulators.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    F1 tackling the serious issues in the sport.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Penalty is reversed as in Alonso is back to 3rd? But you expect them to reverse the reversal?
    To reverse the reversal, you would have to go back... wait... that would be forward, right?

Yes, Alonso 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I don't think Max got close enought to force Horner's hand. So, we'll never know...
    It was hinted at during one of the radio messages. Checo was told to keep it somewhere around 32.6 + .4, Checo asked where Max was and they said 32.2 so Checo asked why he doesn't just run at Max's pace and they told him just keep going.

On the other hand, Max asked what the fastest lap was, RB told him they aren't concerned about that, but Max said he is. Then goes all out on the final lap to get the extra point.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And the penalty is reversed due to lack of clear words. I'm sure that will change quickly, but it puts Aston Martin and Mercedes even on points.
    Penalty is reversed as in Alonso is back to 3rd? But you expect them to reverse the reversal?

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Post race, Alonso's podium turns into a 10 second penalty and he finishes 4th. Just barely ahead of Hamilton- who clearly overused his medium tires.

Kind of a comedy of errors for Aston Martin- a very rookie mistake by Alonso to line up outside of the box, and pretty dumb on whoever was touching the car while it was serving that penalty.
    And the penalty is reversed due to lack of clear words. I'm sure that will change quickly, but it puts Aston Martin and Mercedes even on points.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Post race, Alonso's podium turns into a 10 second penalty and he finishes 4th. Just barely ahead of Hamilton- who clearly overused his medium tires.

Kind of a comedy of errors for Aston Martin- a very rookie mistake by Alonso to line up outside of the box, and pretty dumb on whoever was touching the car while it was serving that penalty.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

That SC really helped Verstappen. Now we see if Horner is a big of a hole to see if he gets to win.
    I don't think Max got close enought to force Horner's hand. So, we'll never know...

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Verstappen starting at 15th today after engine failure in Q2. Through Q1 he was a full second ahead of non-Red Bulls, so we'll see how long it takes to get him up front.

Sounds like Checo is also getting his car worked on, so maybe reliability will turn this into a race today.
    That SC really helped Verstappen. Now we see if Horner is a big of a hole to see if he gets to win.

Hamilton was also helped by that SC, if he can make those medium tires work.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Verstappen starting at 15th today after engine failure in Q2. Through Q1 he was a full second ahead of non-Red Bulls, so we'll see how long it takes to get him up front.

Sounds like Checo is also getting his car worked on, so maybe reliability will turn this into a race today.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    I know this is an open wheel thread, but the Sebring weekend just opened up with the WEC 1000 mile race- on Motor Trend.

The Supercars make it a little more relevant to F1 being hybrids.
    I’m watching it right now. Thanks to a free seven-day trial…

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    I know this is an open wheel thread, but the Sebring weekend just opened up with the WEC 1000 mile race- on Motor Trend.

The Supercars make it a little more relevant to F1 being hybrids.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X