Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2021, anyone there to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    https://t.co/3sdk0VwVRQ

IF true, this is exactly what I thought would happen. Ford doesn’t want to miss the fun.
    A GM/Ford battle in F1 would be great for us but nobody in Europe would give a flying f.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Here's another article which I know Mich will enjoy, as Gary Anderson gives his first hand account of dealing with Ford while working at Jaguar F1.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/what-...llacs-f1-plan/
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

A GM/Ford battle in F1 would be great for us but nobody in Europe would give a flying f.
        At least Ford makes and sells cars in the EU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Here's another article which I know Mich will enjoy, as Gary Anderson gives his first hand account of dealing with Ford while working at Jaguar F1.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/what-...llacs-f1-plan/
          Yup.

But it's interesting that they put out an article like that when they are so rah, rah on the utube channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Truth!
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Sounds like multiple engine manufacturers have lined up to submit to join F1. GM/Cadillac, Ford and I think 2 others. The FIA is behind Andretti’s bid but sounds like team owners are not happy about it.

indycar…the only news (outside Roger Penske failing as a leader) is Kyle Larson has secured a ride for the 2024 INDY 500. Hendrick motor sports will join forces with McLaren.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• A couple of days ago, James Vowles from Mercedes was named as Williams team principle. They are in deep crap right now- apparently many of the sponsors have left, and lots of questions circulate around the team. Hope they can get back on their feet, but they sure didn't use the lame duck season to make a good car for 2022. Capito didn't do anything as the leader.

Comment

Sounds like multiple engine manufacturers have lined up to submit to join F1. GM/Cadillac, Ford and I think 2 others. The FIA is behind Andretti’s bid but sounds like team owners are not happy about it.
                    Supposedly, one of the bids is backed by a Chinese billionaire. Which brings up an interesting scenario. Some of the current teams are saying the $200 million buy-in is now too low and are using the recent NHL franchise buy-in of $650 million as an example. Suppose these bids to enter F1 get into a bidding war, offering up larger and larger buy-in amounts until only two are left? The F1 teams would love that...
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                      A couple of days ago, James Vowles from Mercedes was named as Williams team principle. They are in deep crap right now- apparently many of the sponsors have left, and lots of questions circulate around the team. Hope they can get back on their feet, but they sure didn't use the lame duck season to make a good car for 2022. Capito didn't do anything as the leader.
                      Great choice by Williams. Maybe not so much by Vowles...
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Supposedly, one of the bids is backed by a Chinese billionaire. Which brings up an interesting scenario. Some of the current teams are saying the $200 million buy-in is now too low and are using the recent NHL franchise buy-in of $650 million as an example. Suppose these bids to enter F1 get into a bidding war, offering up larger and larger buy-in amounts until only two are left? The F1 teams would love that...
                        I suspect that would knock out both GM and Ford. I can’t fathom they’d be able to put together proposals for that kind of money unless they had major major sponsorship locked up for like 10 years. I don’t know who that could be honestly. Maybe they partner with NFL (they want more of European presence), NBA or NHL? Could we foresee an F1 car powered by Ford with a huge NFL logo on the side pods?

Comment

I suspect that would knock out both GM and Ford. I can’t fathom they’d be able to put together proposals for that kind of money unless they had major major sponsorship locked up for like 10 years. I don’t know who that could be honestly. Maybe they partner with NFL (they want more of European presence), NBA or NHL? Could we foresee an F1 car powered by Ford with a huge NFL logo on the side pods?
                          Given what GM and Ford are rumored to be doing, I think they will still be there. Both seem to just want to put their name on a car as opposed to running the full team. Especially Ford seems that they are working toward renaming RB Engines to Ford. Name and money only. GM implies they will imput stuff at the same time they suggest they will get another engine for the Andretti car.

The Race seems to think the two Asian programs are less likely than any OEM money.

Comment

• Schumacher is still in a coma?
                            https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...eme-court-lm22

Comment

Depends how you define coma. But it’s been pretty obvious he’s been in a near vegetative state all these years.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Kind of shocking news to me https://www.thedrive.com/news/fords-...arting-in-2026

Especially in the details that Ford will develop a new ICE and a 350kw electric motor.

I don't see this ending well. First, the last time corporate Ford got involved, it was a disaster. Second, I know of a massive amount of very talented and experienced ICE engineers who were told to retire about the same time I did- so the amount of knowledge isn't anywhere near what it was even 1.5 years ago. And third, while RBR has their own plant- it's a Honda agreement- so there's no chance any of the Honda IP will get to Dearborn.

I guess the good news for those of us who don't like RBR or Verstappen- there's little chance they win much after 2026. Horner completely forgot that Red Bull got a great deal on a team to make theirs completely because of Ford's failures. But it's pretty funny that Ford's last corporate team is back to being partially theirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X