Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2021, anyone there to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    In other news, Haas has secured sponsorship from Moneygram- a Dallas based corporation that specializes in moving money. Not a huge company, but one with good numbers. And light years better than Rich Energy. Hope it goes well.

https://racer.com/2022/10/20/haas-se...ship-for-2023/
    And one in legal trouble:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/b...k-ag-cfpb.html

Par for the course for Haas...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

And one in legal trouble:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/b...k-ag-cfpb.html

Par for the course for Haas...
      That's pretty minor compared to Rich Energy. At least MoneyGram has a product which they can be sued over for not doing.

Comment

• Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Why has F1 struggled in America?
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Greed. Mostly by F1. That's the story that was repeated over and over again in the video.

Comment

Greed. Mostly by F1. That's the story that was repeated over and over again in the video.
              They want American money, they just don't want Americans involved (like drivers, manufacturers, principals etc.).
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                They want American money, they just don't want Americans involved (like drivers, manufacturers, principals etc.).
                Is that it? Or is it a combination of F1 not understanding the American market and the kind of marginal sport impresarios who get involved and inevitably turn out to be cranks and con men? Greed combined with ineptitude?
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is that it? Or is it a combination of F1 not understanding the American market and the kind of marginal sport impresarios who get involved and inevitably turn out to be cranks and con men? Greed combined with ineptitude?
                  Well, it’s not the like the previous races had stupid people involved (Caesars in Vegas, Shelby in Dallas, Indy). No, the main problem with the Eccelstone era stuff was Bernie really wanted that New York City race and everything else in America was a means to that end.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Also add one thing- as a country, there are far more F1 fans here than all other countries. The big problem is that we are not all together. But when the race was at Indy- the crowds were by far the largest of the F1 season, even though it was just about 1/3 of what Indy can hold. More than enough Americans understand F1 to make it worth while.

As Jim says- it's about tapping into the American economy money, not the fans. Which is exactly why there are races in Miami and Las Vegas and not Indy or even thinking of the other great road courses in the country. Vegas and Miami are like Singapore in that way- odd street tracks but close to the big money. New York would have been an interesting mix of massive money and huge crowds that can easily get there.

edit- I think there was one more hope for American tracks that will never fly- getting government money. Most countries put a lot of taxpayer money into the race- how else would some of these... well... questionable economy countries get a race. Heck, Canada does not have the potential for money as a US race, but they have had a race for a very long time.
                    Last edited by MichVandal; 10-27-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Well, it’s not the like the previous races had stupid people involved (Caesars in Vegas, Shelby in Dallas, Indy). No, the main problem with the Eccelstone era stuff was Bernie really wanted that New York City race and everything else in America was a means to that end.
                      To be fair, it would be the coolest thing we could do, unless you want to suspend a track over the Grand Canyon.
                      Cornell University

Comment

edit- I think there was one more hope for American tracks that will never fly- getting government money. Most countries put a lot of taxpayer money into the race- how else would some of these... well... questionable economy countries get a race. Heck, Canada does not have the potential for money as a US race, but they have had a race for a very long time.
                        COTA gets $25 million dollars every year from the Texas Tourism fund.

Montreal gets a lot of money from the city and province. Especially after F1 skipped Montreal for a year. Suddenly, the governments realized what was at stake, and ponied up.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

COTA gets $25 million dollars every year from the Texas Tourism fund.
                          Didn't know that. And given the politics of the state, it's also pretty funny- given the conservative slant (supposedly) for spending.

But how much of that goes toward the F1 race? They do a lot of events at COTA.

Comment

Didn't know that. And given the politics of the state, it's also pretty funny- given the conservative slant (supposedly) for spending.

But how much of that goes toward the F1 race? They do a lot of events at COTA.
                            I would think that the F1 race is by and large the most profitable event on their calendar. Although the NASCAR weekend has a slightly larger attendance, more money is spent overall on F1 weekend I'd have to imagine.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

To be fair, it would be the coolest thing we could do, unless you want to suspend a track over the Grand Canyon.
                              I doubt enough people in the area would even want a race. It would be fun to go and see it, but the people who have to live there would have a massive headache for quite a while when the track has to be set up and put away.

Comment

• Alex Palou .3 behind Lando Norris in the same car this past weekend in free practice. Good performance given his limited time in an F1 car.

Interestingly, O’Ward and Herta are considered to be even faster than Palou. I suspect any of the 3 would be podium potential talents in F1 if they were given a chance on a decent team.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X