Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2021, anyone there to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I would not say it was meaningless- in the scheme of the entire season, sure. But it was Max's home race. And that has a lot of meaning- especially for a company like Red Bull- who can sell lots of drinks and clothing to adoring fans.

If it was just Checo spinning- sure, it just happened. Or Tsunoda having a failure that causes a VSC or SC- sure. But have them the same weekend, effecting the same team. Especially the way Tsunoda stopped- the first time would have certainly caused a SC- which would have been a very different outcome than a VSC- so then he goes back in, there's a ton of confusion of what was wrong, he was sent back out, and then parked it in a clear VSC spot instead of a SC spot.

After how Red Bull manipulated the end of the season last year, and they can't do that anymore- it's just so questionable. And I'm sure the Red Bull home wants Max to break all of Lewis' record- so every dominating win is important in the long run.

Maybe I'm adding suspicion, but it sure has a feeling of something messed up.
    No.

And Red Bull did not manipulate last year. Masi did that all by himself.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

No.

And Red Bull did not manipulate last year. Masi did that all by himself.
      they begged and pleaded with Masi to do that.

I know logic would say there's no chance. But dang, the fact that all of the players were Red Bull sponsored, I'm sorry. It really just gives me more reason to hate them. Good thing I already think Red Bull is really disgusting as a beverage.

Comment

they begged and pleaded with Masi to do that.
        Of course they did, who wouldn't?

Mercedes also begged and pleaded with Masi not to do that.

The 2021 end sucked, but it was not Red Bull's doing.
        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 09-06-2022, 08:55 AM.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/g...arly-nonsense/
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

I would not say it was meaningless- in the scheme of the entire season, sure. But it was Max's home race. And that has a lot of meaning- especially for a company like Red Bull- who can sell lots of drinks and clothing to adoring fans.
            Red Bull has far too much to lose on such an inconsequential amount of points to either think about doing this. This is a multi-billion dollar company driven by marketing, not good product, so a tarnished image has major repercussions. Even if Max finished in 3rd, that is only giving up 10 points, to MERCEDES, not Ferrari. Neither LeClerc nor Perez were in front of him so they fall back even further in the points, not gaining. Max's lead is pretty much insurmountable unless he gets injured and cant race or Red Bull/Honda power units start self detonating as they are brought off the truck.

Comment

• I get it. It makes less than no sense. It STILL looks bad. Park a car in a SC spot, start getting out, get told to drive back to the pits, do some random stuff, and then park the car in a VSC spot when he could have easily driven the car back to the pits. Can't say that he could not have- the team had no idea what was wrong, and had him drive back to the pits and back out on the track, so getting it slowly around the whole track was quite possible.

It just looks really bad. And the fact that there are tons of people out there saying it's not possible is a testament to how bad it looks.

Comment

I get it. It makes less than no sense. It STILL looks bad. Park a car in a SC spot, start getting out, get told to drive back to the pits, do some random stuff, and then park the car in a VSC spot when he could have easily driven the car back to the pits. Can't say that he could not have- the team had no idea what was wrong, and had him drive back to the pits and back out on the track, so getting it slowly around the whole track was quite possible.

It just looks really bad. And the fact that there are tons of people out there saying it's not possible is a testament to how bad it looks.
                Oh, it definitely looks bad. I agree with that.

On a disturbing note, on social media, Hannah Schmitt is receiving a horrifying amount of abuse (God knows why people are even blaming her). Any other strategist would never even be mentioned. But you know, woman, must be her fault because she can't possibly be that good because you know, woman...
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Oh, it definitely looks bad. I agree with that.

On a disturbing note, on social media, Hannah Schmitt is receiving a horrifying amount of abuse (God knows why people are even blaming her). Any other strategist would never even be mentioned. But you know, woman, must be her fault because she can't possibly be that good because you know, woman...
                  That's stupid. It's not as if she's the only one that could have made (or not) that same call. And George was pretty adamant to change the tires- Lewis could have done the same thing. His emotions may have calmed down once he saw that George would have been passed on the opening straight, and then him on the next time around- no real need to wait for DRS with the RBR on softs and the MB's on old mediums. Had he asked for the change, perhaps he could fight it out with Max at the end...

Comment

That's stupid. It's not as if she's the only one that could have made (or not) that same call. And George was pretty adamant to change the tires- Lewis could have done the same thing. His emotions may have calmed down once he saw that George would have been passed on the opening straight, and then him on the next time around- no real need to wait for DRS with the RBR on softs and the MB's on old mediums. Had he asked for the change, perhaps he could fight it out with Max at the end...
                    Hannah Schmitz (I was spelling it wrong) is Red Bull's chief strategist. She's is getting harassed for being a "fake" because she can only "win" when AlphaTauri creates fake VSCs, and therefore can only have success because she "cheats" because you know woman... (Lewis Hamilton has come out and defended her.)

James Vowles is Mercedes' chief strategist.
                    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 09-06-2022, 11:52 AM.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Hannah Schmitz (I was spelling it wrong) is Red Bull's chief strategist. She's is getting harassed for being a "fake" because she can only "win" when AlphaTauri creates fake VSCs, and therefore can only have success because she "cheats" because you know woman...

James Vowles is Mercedes' chief strategist.
                      Ah. I still think that's stupid.

As I see it, the only way that it would have gone down was from the upper reaches of Red Bull Co. as I see it as a major money grab in the Netherlands- both for the terrible drink and the clothing. There's a real incentive to pump up the live value of the company, with the owner looking to get out. The team knew they would win.

The other factor that I would point to the father company is that Tsunoda isn't really marked with a contract- he's certainly not going to Red Bull. So doing something for the father company may put him in a better light for a future.

Comment

• When Max "Christopher Walken's character in View to a Kill" Verstappen is the voice of social justice you know the situation is a hot mess.

Did I stumble into F1 just in time for an amazing scandal, or do these happen all the time? It sure seems like there is constant drama worthy of The Bachelorette.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So evidently the chief engineering strategist for RedBull (and the ostensible villain here) is a woman, and... my god social media is a cesspool. So much for European civilization. They have Righties too.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• FerrLOLi starting early for Monza.

Don't sleep on the Comments.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              When Max "Christopher Walken's character in View to a Kill" Verstappen is the voice of social justice you know the situation is a hot mess.

Did I stumble into F1 just in time for an amazing scandal, or do these happen all the time? It sure seems like there is constant drama worthy of The Bachelorette.
                              The latter. F1 is all about drama.

https://www.magnetomagazine.com/ten-...controversies/
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Jesus Christ. Watching the nascar DTS type show. I’m sorry I just can’t stand this real world type of garbage. And the drivers are either dumb as hell or incredibly boring.

christ, how is INDYCAR not utterly destroying these dopes who drive taxicabs?!?!?!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X