Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2021, anyone there to watch?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Per formula1.com, all drivers will carry over to 2024.
    Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2023, 08:59 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Per formula1.com, all drivers will carry over to 2024.
      When was the last time there were no rookies in the field?
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

        When was the last time there were no rookies in the field?
        This was my first full season.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Per formula1.com, all drivers will carry over to 2024.
          There's a Formula 4??? The amount of money poured into racing astounds me. There are some teams in the upper echelons of NASCAR barely getting by and then you hear about these no-name circuits that run with cars with no sponsors, but it exists.

          It's like when I learned there's a league under the USHL and NAHL called the NA3HL. The economics must work somehow for the owners, but I don't get it. At least at that level they don't have to pay the players. It makes even less sense to me how the SPHL can pay players and have travel from Peoria to Pensacola.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

          1966, 1986, 2007

          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

            There's a Formula 4??? The amount of money poured into racing astounds me. There are some teams in the upper echelons of NASCAR barely getting by and then you hear about these no-name circuits that run with cars with no sponsors, but it exists.

            It's like when I learned there's a league under the USHL and NAHL called the NA3HL. The economics must work somehow for the owners, but I don't get it. At least at that level they don't have to pay the players. It makes even less sense to me how the SPHL can pay players and have travel from Peoria to Pensacola.
            That’s why if you go to an F1 race, go to one in Europe with all of the support races. Iirc, there were well over 10 races we saw at Spa.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              This was my first full season.
              Which means you won't be a rookie next year. So, my question still holds. LOL
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                There's a Formula 4??? The amount of money poured into racing astounds me. There are some teams in the upper echelons of NASCAR barely getting by and then you hear about these no-name circuits that run with cars with no sponsors, but it exists.

                It's like when I learned there's a league under the USHL and NAHL called the NA3HL. The economics must work somehow for the owners, but I don't get it. At least at that level they don't have to pay the players. It makes even less sense to me how the SPHL can pay players and have travel from Peoria to Pensacola.
                NASCAR even has a “Formula 4” level series in the ARCA series.

                Funny thing is, racing is *ing massive with just the four wheel stuff. There’s a bunch of stuff for motorcycle racing too.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  NASCAR even has a “Formula 4” level series in the ARCA series.

                  Funny thing is, racing is *ing massive with just the four wheel stuff. There’s a bunch of stuff for motorcycle racing too.

                  Looking in from the outside, it feels like motorcycle racing is even bigger in Europe than auto. Every European male I've known from working class to upper class twit of the year is obsessed with it.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post


                    Looking in from the outside, it feels like motorcycle racing is even bigger in Europe than auto. Every European male I've known from working class to upper class twit of the year is obsessed with it.
                    Big in Japan too.

                    TBF, it’s a bit niche here but the US has way more MotoGP World Champions (8 of them) than F1 World Champions (2). More recent too (RIP Nicky Hayden).
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      NASCAR even has a “Formula 4” level series in the ARCA series.

                      Funny thing is, racing is *ing massive with just the four wheel stuff. There’s a bunch of stuff for motorcycle racing too.
                      Was it ARCA that would’ve likely had a different winner last year but the team performing the best couldn’t afford to go to every race? Or something like that I swear I remember reading.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                      1966, 1986, 2007

                      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                        Was it ARCA that would’ve likely had a different winner last year but the team performing the best couldn’t afford to go to every race? Or something like that I swear I remember reading.
                        The only thing I know about ARCA is the “ARCA BRAKES!!!” meme…
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • Looks like Catalunya is going to lose the Spanish Grand Prix for a decade starting in 2026 for a street circuit in Madrid.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                          1966, 1986, 2007

                          Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Looks like Catalunya is going to lose the Spanish Grand Prix for a decade starting in 2026 for a street circuit in Madrid.
                            What's the impetus for that? Aren't street tracks much more expensive for F1?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              What's the impetus for that? Aren't street tracks much more expensive for F1?
                              I’m sure politics are playing a part, if not the entire reason for it. Madrid gets to take something away from Barcelona.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                              1966, 1986, 2007

                              Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                                I’m sure politics are playing a part, if not the entire reason for it. Madrid gets to take something away from Barcelona.
                                Break up Spain and bring back Aragon, Castille, Navarre, and Granada. So much cooler.

                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X