Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2021, anyone there to watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MichVandal
    replied
    Things I have heard is if Horner goes, so does Newey. And he’s been in this long enough to retire. I don’t see any other team giving him the same kind of power Horner gives him.

And if Newey really wants a challenge to put him as the GOAT, Ferrari over Mercedes.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    So the rumors getting stronger about the strife at RBR.

this may be a controversial take but I’ll say it with respect to rumors of Max to Mercedes. Max is no Ayrton Senna, he doesn’t have the ability to take a lesser car and beat someone with a superior car.

Adrian Newey is the straw that stirs the drink at RBR. If HE follows Max out then I would bet Mercedes will be back on top. But if Newey stays I think RBR will be just fine and who knows, maybe they pull Alonso over for his 3rd title shot?

Verstappen is very good but I hesitate to put him up with Jim Clark and Senna to this point. If he goes to Mercedes sans Newey we’ll find out what he’s really got vs the field in terms of raw talent.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Max's Mom carries it, when she's out of the hospital.
    And his ex girlfriend...

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

F1 reddit is suicidal. They think racing is dead. Predicting 50% viewership loss by the end of the season.

How soon until the FIA finds something "wrong" with the Red Bull cars? Or will they just let Max win every race by 22 seconds?
    And yet F1 TV just went over 10 million subscribers for the first time.

This sky is falling mantra over F1 is so old. Doesn't anyone remember the Schumacher/Ferrari domination and the same cries then? The Mercedes domination and the same cries then?

Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    A taste of the speculation:

You hit the nail on the head I think. Horner wants a piece of the pie, which is understandable. This part is pure speculation, but my guess is he went to the Thai side who backed him, but they wouldn’t be giving up shares, it would come from the Austrian side. Austrian side realizes this is the tipping point, if we don’t get Horner out now before he gets shares all the power we worked so hard to get is gone. Honestly after thinking about it as much as Jos shouldn’t say it, he may be right. If they continue on this course the team is going to be ripped apart from the inside

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Jos Verstappen is an idiot. And doesn't he have baggage of his own?
    Max's Mom carries it, when she's out of the hospital.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

The Horner situation may take care of it. Apparently, Jos Verstappen has demanded that Horner step down. I doubt the irony of that demand has been recognized.

But if Horner goes, apparently Newey does as well.
    Wow. If Newey goes RBR will fall back to earth.

Jos Verstappen is an idiot. And doesn’t he have baggage of his own?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

F1 reddit is suicidal. They think racing is dead. Predicting 50% viewership loss by the end of the season.

How soon until the FIA finds something "wrong" with the Red Bull cars? Or will they just let Max win every race by 22 seconds?
    I had that thought yesterday. They had a perfect storm of DTS and the 2021 season to increase viewers. But who is going to stick around as a casual if it’s going to be predetermined? The race was over at turn 1 yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

The Horner situation may take care of it. Apparently, Jos Verstappen has demanded that Horner step down. I doubt the irony of that demand has been recognized.

But if Horner goes, apparently Newey does as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Based on those last 20 laps, this season is over already. Both Red Bulls were fast over the last tire change on a track that is rough on tires. Neither slowed at all. This is very bad for fans.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied

McLaren wasn’t nearly as bad as Alpine.
    Nobody was nearly as bad as Alpine. :-)

My goodness, last row in qualifying and the last two finishing spots amongst cars who didn't lose a lap from issues.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Compounded by the other teams having problems -- overheating, braking issues, steering wheel problems -- and falling flat on their designs (Aston Martin, maybe McLaren, definitely Alpine).
    McLaren wasn’t nearly as bad as Alpine.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Based on those last 20 laps, this season is over already. Both Red Bulls were fast over the last tire change on a track that is rough on tires. Neither slowed at all. This is very bad for fans.
    Compounded by the other teams having problems -- overheating, braking issues, steering wheel problems -- and falling flat on their designs (Aston Martin, maybe McLaren, definitely Alpine).

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Max was up 4 seconds after 5 laps. And there's still 23 more races.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X