X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Whaddaya mean people aren't reassured by the crack team of Chump-Pence-Kudlow-Munchkin? What are you, a bunch of commies?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My firm's stock is down almost 15% since the start of this month. Assuming no quick rebound, that means more shares for me come May when the purchases are made.

I am, of course, very diversified. I expect the international part of my portfolio to take a yuuuge hit though.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I see the finance updates and just kissed my 401K goodbye.

Maybe I should just let this ride out. It can't keep sliding for weeks on end...
        The only change I’m making to my 401k right now is bumping up contributions a bit. You get more fund shares for your money
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Exactly. If I wasn’t performing a ritualized sacrifice of money, I’d be pouring my cash reserves into the market.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Exactly. If I wasn’t performing a ritualized sacrifice of money, I’d be pouring my cash reserves into the market.
            No need to speed it up, just keep your normal contributions are your normal rate if you're young. Don't try to guess the lows in the same way you shouldn't try to guess the highs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

DCA? Yeah.

I’d keep that up but increase my contributions.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                DCA? Yeah.

I’d keep that up but increase my contributions.
                My point is if you're increasing just because you think it's at a low, it might not be. If you have more money to invest, by all means increase though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Fair enough.

I’m 35 and have 25-30 years to make it up if I miss the bottom early. I would have already missed the top so I’m not getting scalped. Honesty, this is how the rich get richer. They are so diversified they can afford to move one pile of money to another when that other pile is crushed temporarily.

Housing. How many houses were bought on the cheap by rich rental agencies after the Great Recession? I’m guessing a lot. They’ve made bank. It’s why you hedge and move when the market is oversold.

Or you could just DCA the same amount every month into VTSAX and probably do better. Either works lol.
                  Code:

Comment

This is fascinating if mostly accurate.

https://twistedsifter.com/2020/02/wo...y-country/amp/

A World Map of the Oldest Company in Every Country (Still in Business)

Comment

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Donnie gets the fed to cut interest rate

Comment

It... could... verk!
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Donnie gets the fed to cut interest rate
                          But our institutions are holding, right? Still independent? Nothing to worry about? I am hysterical, right?
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well we all know the market going up means the economy is doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              But our institutions are holding, right?
                              I dunno, are you helping them?

The quote was always "don't wait for our institutions to save us; save our institutions." Your continued use of it as a sardonic punchline is considerably weakened by the fact that YOU ARE F-CKING USING IT WRONG!!!111!!!1!
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I dunno, are you helping them?

The quote was always "don't wait for our institutions to save us; save our institutions." Your continued use of it as a sardonic punchline is considerably weakened by the fact that YOU ARE F-CKING USING IT WRONG!!!111!!!1!
                                I'll see you and raise you a how things are really going down.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X