This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

We'll see how far I get. I hear it digresses as you go further into Frank's work, and then the son's work is a proverbial trainwreck. Starting with the original 6 from Frank, and then we'll go from there.
    I mean even the Greats do it. The Foundation trilogy are GOAT. The four he wrote later are cringe.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I'm halfway through Dune. It's spectacular. Well-written.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I am going to have to finally see The Room, because Odenkirk is non-ironically remaking it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I am going to have to finally see The Room, because Odenkirk is non-ironically remaking it.
          "I got the results of the critics' reviews back - I definitely have regret about remaking this film."

Comment

• Jurassic World Dominion was a complete and utter trainwreck.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Encino Man sweeps at the Oscars with Acting wins by Ke Huy Quan and Brendan Fraser.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• There are enough race fans here to know who Michelle Yeoh's husband is. And I learned that this evening.

And she didn't recognize him in her speech, which was kind of funny.

Comment

• EEAAO ends the award season (or the end of the big ones) with quite a haul at the Academy. Picture, director(s), original screenplay, editing, actress, supporting actress, and supporting actor. Thought Banshees might have taken actor, screenplay or director, but it leaves empty handed I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                    EEAAO ends the award season (or the end of the big ones) with quite a haul at the Academy. Picture, director(s), original screenplay, editing, actress, supporting actress, and supporting actor. Thought Banshees might have taken actor, screenplay or director, but it leaves empty handed I believe.
                    Between it and All Quiet- not many other pictures got a chance. The one head to head All Quiet lost was Women Talking for adapted screen play. Which I was quite happy about.

Comment

• I was a little surprised at supporting actress. Basset was the favorite of the fans it seemed. I thought Kerry Condon had a chance for a steal though too as I figured Jamie and Stephanie Hsu (who I was rooting for) would split.

Not surprised at any of the others really. I was rooting for EEAAO overall. Little torn on Actor. Thought Farrell did great would have like to see Banshees get at least one. I actually haven't seen The Whale yet but everything I've heard/seen says he was deserving.

Comment

• If I counted correctly Ke Huy Quan is 57/65 on awards for supporting actor for EEAAO. He also added a few for ensemble

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Encino Man sweeps at the Oscars with Acting wins by Ke Huy Quan and Brendan Fraser.
                          The unofficial Goonies reunion...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The unofficial Goonies reunion...
                            Jeff Cohen (aka Chunk) is Ke Huy Quan’s lawyer and negotiated his deal for EEAAO, that’s why Ke Huy Quan mentioned him in his speech.

Also, Harrison Ford and Ke Huy Quan hugging on stage after EEAAO won Best Picture was nice to see too.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                              I was a little surprised at supporting actress. Basset was the favorite of the fans it seemed. I thought Kerry Condon had a chance for a steal though too as I figured Jamie and Stephanie Hsu (who I was rooting for) would split.

Not surprised at any of the others really. I was rooting for EEAAO overall. Little torn on Actor. Thought Farrell did great would have like to see Banshees get at least one. I actually haven't seen The Whale yet but everything I've heard/seen says he was deserving.
                              It's an uncomfortable movie to watch, but quite good. Brandon was pretty amazing. (and a repeat of a fun fact, the Whale takes place in Moscow, ID)

And I agree that it was unusual for someone to win when a second actor is also nominated. As a snide remark, I wonder if the Academy gave it to Curtis also because of her parents. Historically, they have always loved it when movie history was part of the equation. Not to suggest that Jamie Lee didn't deserve it- all of them did for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Jeff Cohen (aka Chunk) is Ke Huy Quan’s lawyer and negotiated his deal for EEAAO, that’s why Ke Huy Quan mentioned him in his speech.

Also, Harrison Ford and Ke Huy Quan hugging on stage after EEAAO won Best Picture was nice to see too.
                                That is awesome! (the Ford hug made me smile!) I was referring to how in Encino Man you had Ke Huy Quan and Sean Astin were together (they had a scene together cut) which was the only time two Goonies were in the same film for a long time. (still might be)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X