Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    That’s really amazing considering you’re 40,001x more modest than the average person.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• confess, fletch is growing on mookie. watched it for the 7th & 8th times on flights recently and it's actually ok. hamm is the role is fitting in and mookie is able to catch some subtle humor that flies by if not really paying attention.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        confess, fletch is growing on mookie. watched it for the 7th & 8th times on flights recently and it's actually ok. hamm is the role is fitting in and mookie is able to catch some subtle humor that flies by if not really paying attention.
        I had no idea this existed. I'll need to check it out.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• One of the kids at work chose to watch Wonder Woman 1984 a few days ago.

While I love Gal Gadot, WW 1984 is a rare film that gets worse with every viewing.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I’m in awe of anyone who could attempt multiple viewings. I couldn’t even finish first viewing

Comment

• For some reason I was lucky that that film fell off the schedule and after hearing about it I just never saw it.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                One of the kids at work chose to watch Wonder Woman 1984 a few days ago.

While I love Gal Gadot, WW 1984 is a rare film that gets worse with every viewing.
                This however gets better with each view:

https://youtu.be/4_Tm0SxIp6w
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Sometime last night Avatar 2 passed Top Gun: Maverick to become the top movie of 2022. It has already amassed $1.5 billion in global ticket sales. If it hits the $2 billion mark it will be only the sixth film to cross that threshold - half of them would be directed by James Cameron.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Sometime last night Avatar 2 passed Top Gun: Maverick to become the top movie of 2022. It has already amassed $1.5 billion in global ticket sales. If it hits the $2 billion mark it will be only the sixth film to cross that threshold - half of them would be directed by James Cameron.
                    Last night was 2023. So it shouldn't count towards the 22 total.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I’m in awe of anyone who could attempt multiple viewings. I couldn’t even finish first viewing
                      I didn't have a choice; I was at work.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I didn't understand how WW84 could fall so far from the original. For instance Superman 3 was not great, but it took until 4 before that franchise attained what Wonder Woman did just 2 films in. I think it might be worse than Caddyshack 2. It's astounding really.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

That's not how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Well, now we’re back on the WW1984 pitch meeting with that statement.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I didn't understand how WW84 could fall so far from the original. For instance Superman 3 was not great, but it took until 4 before that franchise attained what Wonder Woman did just 2 films in. I think it might be worse than Caddyshack 2. It's astounding really.
                              The short version:

Patty Jenkins was given full control after Wonder Woman was a huge success. This was 100% the film she wanted to make she had a lot of passion for the story and time period and AT&T/Time Warner was cultivating her to be the sort of "female Nolan" in that she had a lot of big ideas and really dug the artistic visions behind filmmaking. (Nolan also kind of championed her) Since she had kind of been ignored for years she took full advantage...

Then she made this film.

(Tbe longer after effect)

What really kind of killed her cred wasnt the film though...it was her attitude before it was released. When the Pandemic hit WB kept pushing back Tenet because Nolan would not allow it to be put on streaming and he had clout and threatened to never make films with them again and blah blah blah if they did tbat so they had to wait for theaters to partially open. (Which of course he did anyways and Tenet was easily his worst film despite cool effects and some awesome performances) Since most theaters were showing 1 or 2 films at a time because of restrictions it caused WW84 to get pushed back. She whined and WB kept offering to put it on streaming for but she wanted a theatrical release. They backed her and kept moving it which annoyed her more. Finally Tenet got released and WW84 got a streaming/theatrical release. It did not go well and she whined more. Then she signed with Di$ney to make a Rogue Squadron film (which was canceled then recently put back in development because WW3 was canceled) and also signed with I think Paramount to make Cleopatra with Gal. (Which I doubt gets made either) She ignored all the hate for the film and acted like it was a huge critical and financial success.

Truth is, and i said this after watching WW84, she should thank her lucky stars it worked out as it did. If that film is only a wide release film it bombs in weekend 2 and her clout is gone as is her credibility. The film did better with critics and fans when they didn't have to pay for it. It actually has a lot of fans because they enjoyed watching it at home not wasting time and money at a theater. Her petulant attitude really made a lot of her fans (myself included) turn on her. Same with Nolan.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 01-03-2023, 12:17 PM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Well, now we’re back on the WW1984 pitch meeting with that statement.
                                Eh. Was just an opinion. Nothing serious.

I wonder if the Avatar 2 pitch was, I'd like to make the same movie, only 30 minutes longer.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X