This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    What does that even mean? The Snyder Cut has gained self-awareness like Skynet and will appear at Comic Con and smite its enemies?
    This is the Movie Geek equivalent of Q-Tards.

They talk a big game online and make a big fuss. It's a small, but VERY vocal minority.

But then they can't actually drum up support for the things that they actually talk about. For all the fuss, the upcoming DC movies will have Box Office results that will leave a lot to be desired unless the movies are an 8+/10.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• He should threaten to stop updating the schedule spreadsheets.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

They talk a big game online and make a big fuss. It's a small, but VERY vocal minority.

But then they can't actually drum up support for the things that they actually talk about. For all the fuss, the upcoming DC movies will have Box Office results that will leave a lot to be desired unless the movies are an 8+/10.
        Does your calendar go directly from January 5 to January 7?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

The amount of laughs we get at these clowns expense is pretty friggin amazing. They think because 12 people on Twitter and a bunch of Asian Redditors agree with them that they have any sway. I honestly thought they might kill themselves when Gunn announced Cavill was out as Superman 2 weeks ago...

The Snyder Clowns are worse than those people who thought Avatar was real and that they wish they could die so they could go to that planet and live. Sad people are just sad and these are incel sad. Hell even Snyder had to disavow a lot of them and they are the only people who think he should make movies anymore.

To tell you how sad they are...a lot of them are the people who review bombed the new Witcher spinoff series because Cavill is no longer going to be on the main series. They threaten reviewers, they harass studio people and fans and even the artists themselves. Between them and Star Wars fans I can almost not stomach fandom in any way anymore.

They will show up at SDCC, cosplay, have a little metting outside and [post all over Twitter when they get banned for life when they spit in the face of James Gunn or some nerd they dislike.
          Last edited by Handyman; 12-28-2022, 10:50 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I honestly have zero idea what any of that means. For instance I recall Cavill playing Superman, but no idea in what context he'll no longer be involved or if I should hate the choice or not. Also Handy you seem to be talking about DC only but I thought Gunn was involved with Marvel? Oi.

[edit] I couldn't stomach watching the whole thing but this seems to explain some of it.
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-29-2022, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• James Gunn runs DC Films now. (With Peter Saffran) Guardians 3 is his last Marvel project.

Cavill did a cameo at the end of Black Adam because The Rock pushed for it but the film went nowhere and Gunn then wiped the slate clean. Not one Superman appearance he made did anything but underperform.

The only thing you need to know is there is a couple thousand people who think a mediocre director (whose films I like) is the greatest director ever and they have a sense of entitlement that is off the charts crazy. They live in an echo chamber that rivals Faux News and just generally make everyone miserable.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I think Cavill was fine as Superman, but his films lacked any sort of fun.

When Gunn was temporarily fired from Marvel for a reason that was later refuted, he made the Suicide Squad reboot. It was actually liked by fans and critics, so DC decided to hitch-up to a new horse, away from Snyder. We should expect a much different tone from DC in the next series of movies - more like the Suicide Squad reboot and Shazam, less like the overly dark Superman movies.

DC couldn’t seem to figure out that the dark tone used for the Batman movies wasn’t necessarily the right tone for the rest of their properties until the third success with a lighter tone (Shazam, Wonder Woman, and the Suicide Squad).

It needs saying - not just a lighter tone, but a lighter tone that was done right. Wonder Woman 1984 was dreck. Pure and true to the meaning of the word.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• I really like Cavill, and don’t think his movies not doing as well as they should have was his fault. I also don’t think Handy was saying he was the problem either.

I don’t care that he isn’t Superman anymore. It kind of felt like he wanted out anyway honestly. I’m much more bummed that he isn’t Geralt after season three of The Witcher.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I think Cavill was fine as Superman, but his films lacked any sort of fun.

When Gunn was temporarily fired from Marvel for a reason that was later refuted, he made the Suicide Squad reboot. It was actually liked by fans and critics, so DC decided to hitch-up to a new horse, away from Snyder. We should expect a much different tone from DC in the next series of movies - more like the Suicide Squad reboot and Shazam, less like the overly dark Superman movies.

DC couldn’t seem to figure out that the dark tone used for the Batman movies wasn’t necessarily the right tone for the rest of their properties until the third success with a lighter tone (Shazam, Wonder Woman, and the Suicide Squad).

It needs saying - not just a lighter tone, but a lighter tone that was done right. Wonder Woman 1984 was dreck. Pure and true to the meaning of the word.
                    That timeline is a bit off...but for the most part is correct. Snyder was gone long before Gunn came into the picture. AT&T let him make his little directors cut as a farewell but they had basically written off the vast majority of his stuff in one or another. He then went to Netflix which is where he belongs. Being divisive on Netflix is a good thing and we know they could care less about budgets.

And I personally like Cavill and Snyder's films (I defended them here multiple times) but I also know how friggin flawed they were and that half the audience hated them. That just is a recipe for disaster. I was fine if he came back but he wasn't anything special and easily replaceable. I liken him to Andrew Garfield Spiderman. (which I never saw this is just based on reception of films and him as the character) Some people like it, others don't...time to move on.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I didn't mind the darker tone. I was fine with it. What I thought was weird was how fast they decided to start teaming people up. There was no build up to Justice League. Hell, Superman had two films, The Batman had one film. Wonder Woman was the only one done right in the whole group. Flash still hasn't had a movie. And for God's sake can someone make a real Green Lantern movie?
                      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 12-29-2022, 01:03 PM.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Banshees of Inisherin

Jesus f-ck, that's one of the 20 best movies I have ever seen.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Banshees of Inisherin

Jesus f-ck, that's one of the 20 best movies I have ever seen.
                          I had my mom watch it after I saw it and suggested it.

she will not stop asking me what is wrong with me

Comment

• I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m looking forward to it. I’ve heard some say it is an audio book out to awesome Irish scenery, and honestly I’m still pumped. That sounds amazing.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I had my mom watch it after I saw it and suggested it.

she will not stop asking me what is wrong with me
                              Dr. Mrs. and I just sat quietly for a while after we watched it.

There are very few plays where the writer didn't cheat or cheap out, ever. The number of movies where that's true can be counted on, well, his remaining fingers.

I was shocked the film wasn't a complete failure. That gives me some hope, because that was not easy to watch. That was about 4x the truth I'm capable of handling in a movie, and that's 40,000x the amount an ordinary audience is capable of.

There are also only a handful of movies I can think of where you get 5 deep in acting performances and every one of them would deserve an Oscar in a normal year. I don't know the writer, but they're the first remotely competent scriptwriter since Tennessee Williams.

They make Mamet look like a f-cking Preschooler.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• That’s really amazing considering you’re 40,001x more modest than the average person.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X