This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Time to Kill is a great movie, one of my all-time favorites, but a bad legal movie.
    Well yeah...I may have only stayed at a Holiday Inn but even I know that ;^)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Time to Kill is a great movie, one of my all-time favorites, but a bad legal movie.
      Is that the Brannaugh / Thompson movie with the scissors?

Edit: Sorry, that's Dead Again.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• How about Rainmaker? Perhaps my lack of recollection of it should be my answer.

Again go see Murder In The First

Comment

• Murder in the First doesn't really hold up I watched it recently. The Rainmaker is very well done.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Joker: Folie A Deux. A musical.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joker...b0804966ada9a4
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Banshees of Inshirin is now on hbo max.

def a better film than Tar, another one supposedly in running for best picture

Comment

• Saw The Apology last night. This was a very, very limited theater release - six theaters in the US, but also released simultaneously on AMC+ and Shudder. It’s a psychological type thriller, small cast, including my current favorite actor Linus Roache. As well as Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn as the main lead.

I found out one of the theaters was in Gloucester, MA. Dragged my brother up in a very stormy rain. The theater looked like something out of a horror movie. One creepy theater manager guy taking tickets and managing the concession stand. I bought tickets online for some reason. My brother and I were the only ones there. Lights go out, movie starts…it’s not The Apology. I was like “do not tell me I drove all the way up here in a horrible rain storm and they’re not showing it!!” I went to the lobby to tell creepy theater manager guy and he had to call someone somewhere to fix it. I guess not a theater which actual film - heh. Anyway, he got it fixed and I was able to see it. I liked it a lot. Check out the trailer, and if you have AMC+, check it out. I don’t, didn’t really want to pay for another streaming service that I won’t use, plus I wanted to see it on a big screen.

Comment

• The Automat, a documentary on TCM tomorrow at noon. Good stuff, for a handful of nickels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    The Automat, a documentary on TCM tomorrow at noon. Good stuff, for a handful of nickels.
                    Thank you.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Thank you.
                      I enjoyed it. I think you'll get a kick out of it(no soccer pun intended).

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Banshees of Inshirin is now on hbo max.

def a better film than Tar, another one supposedly in running for best picture
                        Watched Banshees today. It's pretty good and I can see why it's getting lots of noms for awards. Appears that it and Everything Everywhere All At Once will likely lead in total nominations during award season. Both were nominated for best musical or comedy at the Golden Globes but while Banshees has some moments of dark comedy I have trouble seeing it as a comedy. I enjoyed Everything more so I'd be rooting for it but Colin Farrell deserves some notice for his performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

Watched Banshees today. It's pretty good and I can see why it's getting lots of noms for awards. Appears that it and Everything Everywhere All At Once will likely lead in total nominations during award season. Both were nominated for best musical or comedy at the Golden Globes but while Banshees has some moments of dark comedy I have trouble seeing it as a comedy. I enjoyed Everything more so I'd be rooting for it but Colin Farrell deserves some notice for his performance.
                          My parents watched it and mom called me and said “*** is this”

def won’t have them watch Tar or everything everywhere all at once then

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

My parents watched it and mom called me and said “*** is this”

def won’t have them watch Tar or everything everywhere all at once then
                            Everything is great. I loved that movie. So much so I bought it. I haven't heard of Tar

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

Get Out is still my favorite Golden Globe comedy of all time. That was one hilarious movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Get Out is still my favorite Golden Globe comedy of all time. That was one hilarious movie!
                                I also loved Everything

Tar was atrocious. Just saw big article last week about how audiences sometimes don’t resonate with movies that seem to be made just to please critics (lol) with a picture of Tar on the headline.

tar had a good idea, phenomenal cast. But too long and often disjointed, with one review calling it absolutely tar-ible. I hated it but hated it less than the entire theater around me
                                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-18-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X