This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That will be coming out right about the time we see commercials where a woman doesn't want jewelry or a car for Christmas...
    I want to live in a world where my significant other can make a $75,000 purchase on a whim and it will have no impact on our financial situation at all.

Comment

• TCM now playing newsletter has this link,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP_y...rClassicMovies
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Waiting for the holiday movie where the woman goes home and realizes the guys she knew in high school who are still there are losers who will never amount to anything and hightails it back to her successful career in the big city.
        From your fingertips to Hallmark Channel's eyes.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I want to live in a world where my significant other can make a $75,000 purchase on a whim and it will have no impact on our financial situation at all.
          My gf comes from an upper upper middle class family...I never seem to get a new Mercedez for Christmas. And she wonders why I hate the holidays ;^)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The new trailer for Rise of the Beasts was just released. I was astonished to see it was a new Transformers film and not a documentary about Twitter since Elon bought it and unleashed all the hate trolls back onto the platform.

Comment

• The Indy trailer looked like a friggin fanmade cosplay trailer...even the fan service was friggin weak. Harrison Ford looks so out of place...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                The Indy trailer looked like a friggin fanmade cosplay trailer...even the fan service was friggin weak. Harrison Ford looks so out of place...
                That series ended with the warehouse closing shot. Nothing else ever happened.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That series ended with the warehouse closing shot. Nothing else ever happened.
                  Of course you'd give no credit to Last Crusade. You rebel you.

I'm just shocked you don't claim the whole thing is really a ripoff of some obscure 1930s European serial.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I'm just shocked you don't claim the whole thing is really a ripoff of some obscure 1930s European serial.
                    I see even you won't defend Short Round.

5 minutes on Google. I can't tell if that was the joke or if you just hit the greatest long shot in history.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2022, 06:08 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Raiders and Last Crusade. Everything else can be forgotten.

The ones that suck both do because of too much Lucas. Remember, he wanted Indiana Jones to be a space pulp cowboy whatever. It took other people to rework his original idea into something much better. He also originally wanted Star Wars to be about space pulp wizard cowboys, and there too other helped mold it into something better. The guy had the same dumb idea twice and both times luckily others changed it into something better.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I cannot love a post on a message board now than this!
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Raiders and Last Crusade. Everything else can be forgotten.
                          This. Put the other three films in the fridge and nuke them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

This. Put the other three films in the fridge and nuke them.
                            I see what you did there...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Ke huy Quan continuing to win best supporting actor awards for everything everywhere all at once

Comment

• The most confusing part of the Indiana Jones trailer for many people is figuring out why Indy is fighting their heroes. It's almost as if they're the bad guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X