This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    I guess it was only a matter of time for a "reimagining".

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ake-gyllenhaal
    What's next - Gone With the Wind? 2001?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

What's next - Gone With the Wind? 2001?
      If you remade Gone with the Wind today the GOP would demand the South win.

Maybe they did. We've been supporting their lazy as-ses for 150 years.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's been in the works multiple times. Rhonda Rousey was supposed to make it a couple years ago.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I just do not understand how Hollywood doesn't get the "So bad, it's good" vibes that happen with movies. To achieve that, the conception has to be truly organic. It simply can not be recreated.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I just do not understand how Hollywood doesn't get the "So bad, it's good" vibes that happen with movies. To achieve that, the conception has to be truly organic. It simply can not be recreated.
            They know they can manufacture interest through advertising and make money. A hit doesn't have to be good or enjoyable, it just has to be well-hyped.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If you remade Gone with the Wind today the GOP would demand the South win.
              "They're losing the war, excuse me?! It's too downbeat!"

Comment

They know they can manufacture interest through advertising and make money. A hit doesn't have to be good or enjoyable, it just has to be well-hyped.
                Yes and no...

Sometimes hype isn't enough to trump everything. As a whole, moviegoers are pretty keen on blatant cash grabs, especially if they are not attached to a franchise.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Warner Bros has killed the Batgirl movie after spending 90 million on it. It will never be released apparently. So, they can claim the loss on their taxes is what I heard this morning.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

"They're losing the war, excuse me?! It's too downbeat!"
                    They’re not losing. That’s fake news
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The first one, I assume?

I love that movie. MAD did a great parody of it.
                      Huh wha?!?
                      someone made…..another? Rollerball 2? Sequel? Any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Yes and no...

Sometimes hype isn't enough to trump everything. As a whole, moviegoers are pretty keen on blatant cash grabs, especially if they are not attached to a franchise.
                        They can? I am gonna disagree with you on that...half the films that come out are blatant cash grabs and do well enough to make money. You literally described half the successful comedies out there.

The film will cost almost nothing to make (unless they are stupid) and will have enough people see it to make a profit. That is all that matters. The film will legitimately suck but people will go just to see how much it sucks.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Huh wha?!?
                          someone made…..another? Rollerball 2? Sequel? Any good?
                          Rollerball was remade. It was about as good as the Speed Racer movie. In other words, it was a POS.

ChildWorld (movies since, let's say, 1995) should not remake movies, they only emphasize how infantile mass culture is. Movies and TV have completely switched places. TV is now subtle, complicated, and intelligent. Movies are now as shallow, stupid, and lowest-common-denominator facing as TV with the Big Three. Even the successful and beautifully made franchises that dominate sales now (MCU, Star Wars, LoTR) are intellectually and emotionally adolescent. Meanwhile TV, which used to be dumba-ss, suddenly has grown up themes, motivations, plots, and even acting.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-04-2022, 11:54 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• This has gotten pretty good reviews and might be worth a look see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcXiy7vyt8M
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Rollerball was
                              ****ing aye
                              tsk tsk tsk

Comment

Gyllenhaal = Dalton?
                                McGregor = Wade Garrett?
                                Who plays Brad Wesley and who plays Elizabeth Clay?

I'm sorry. Once Sam Elliott plays a character, that character needs to be retired.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X