This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Jurassic Park Dominion. A+, second only to the original Jurassic Park imo!
    So you’re the one?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

So you’re the one?
      Ouch it burns!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Watched No Time To Die thanks to it finally going free on Amazon Prime.

A perfect culmination to the Daniel Craig era Bond. Wrapped up the story arc, and stands alone well.

The heavy winks and nods to On Her Majestys Secret Service and The Living Daylights (two of my favorite non-Connery films) were chefs kiss.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Watched No Time To Die thanks to it finally going free on Amazon Prime.

A perfect culmination to the Daniel Craig era Bond. Wrapped up the story arc, and stands alone well.

The heavy winks and nods to On Her Majestys Secret Service and The Living Daylights (two of my favorite non-Connery films) were chefs kiss.
          Living daylights??? Hmmmm

mookie saw they have expanded the older options and watched octopussy & man with the golden gun two days ago.
          classic wahjer muure (heavy wink to lost in translation of course :-) )
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I have a soft spot for the Dalton films... they were on all the time as a kid so I enjoyed them cause I didn't know better.

Can't wait yo watch No Time to Doe! Never had a chance on the big screen.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The chicks in living daylights are awesome. Law & order girl and the younger one.
              plus Wayne newton!!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I have a soft spot for the Dalton films... they were on all the time as a kid so I enjoyed them cause I didn't know better.
                Dalton himself is very good and by far the best actor to have ever played Bond.

The plots and villains are just execrable, and that's not his fault.

Barbara Bach is a great Bond girl and it is a treat to see her in a big budget vehicle. She made dozens of giallo. She can't act worth a hoot but it doesn't matter she's there for ambience.

I literally cannot remember a single thing about the other Dalton one except it's the worst of the series (including Moonraker) and Felix gets his legs bitten off. That movie is stupid.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Barbara Bach is a great Bond girl and it is a treat to see her in a big budget vehicle. She made dozens of giallo. She can't act worth a hoot but it doesn't matter she's there for ambience.

I literally cannot remember a single thing about the other Dalton one except it's the worst of the series (including Moonraker) and Felix gets his legs bitten off. That movie is stupid.
                  There is nothing wrong with Moonraker and I won't hear another word on it.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

There is nothing wrong with Moonraker and I won't hear another word on it.
                    What's wrong with Moonraker is the last third of the movie. Other than that it's really fun, with one of the best Bond villains.

Bad Bond movies (in no particular order):

License to Kill (this is your Bond on drugs)
                    Moonraker (arcade pew pew)
                    No Time to Die (the title is a lie)
                    Never Day Never Again (retread Sean)
                    Skyfall (mawkish pap)
                    Last edited by Kepler; 06-13-2022, 08:23 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I have a soft spot for the Dalton films... they were on all the time as a kid so I enjoyed them cause I didn't know better.

Can't wait yo watch No Time to Doe! Never had a chance on the big screen.
                      I really enjoyed it

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        The chicks in living daylights are awesome. Law & order girl and the younger one.
                        plus Wayne newton!!!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I see a few of you need to brush up.

Barbara Bach was in Moore's The Spy Who Loved Me.

Maryam d'Abo was The Living Daylights Bond girl - the cellist with the Russian defector boyfriend.

Wayne Newton was in License to Kill, with the Wish.com Tony Montana kingpin drug lord where Felix gets eaten.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Skyfall (mawkish pap)
                          Agree
                          Agree
                          You're wrong
                          Agree
                          Wrong again

Growing up I enjoyed the Roger Moore films, but I just can't bring myself to really watch them anymore. There's just something about his films that haven't aged well at all (which, to be fair, could be said for all of them).

So my Bad Bond Fims in no particular order:
                          Every Roger Moore
                          Diamonds Are Forever

That's it. there are plenty of mediocre ones. And a few gems as well.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

So you’re the one?
                            yep. Saw it yesterday and loved it. Of course it helped having Dern, Neill and Goldblum back.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

What's wrong with Moonraker is the last third of the movie. Other than that it's really fun, with one of the best Bond villains.

Bad Bond movies (in no particular order):

Skyfall (mawkish pap)
                              Never Say Never Again was the fake Bond movie that is outside the official series. Of course it sucked, it was a giant money grab by a rival studio.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Never Say Never Again was the fake Bond movie that is outside the official series. Of course it sucked, it was a giant money grab by a rival studio.
                                Agreed.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X