X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2002 Spiderman.

Delightfully campy.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The previews make it look like Jim Henson's Ghost Buster Muppet Babies. If you can assure me it's not a Spielsberg-like young adult version I will go see it. I do crave seeing an army of sociopathic Stay Puffs. I LOVE the original.

But don't **** with me, man. If this turns out to be the Harry Potter Hunger Games, I'm coming for you.
      I don't think you'll be disappointed in this. The GUARDIAN review that you posted seems to be in a small minority.

Also your marshmallow craving will be served. Don't worry =)
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        The 2002 Spiderman.

Delightfully campy.
        It's the best one. Also, Kirsten Dunst as a redhead. *swoon*
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Elfman also did a great job with the score.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

#2 was also good. #3 was a joke. And the new ones are passable.

The Garfield ones were just to not lose the IP rights, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• #3 is one of the worst movies of all time. Plan 9 From Outer Space at least has some novelty.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

#2 was also good. #3 was a joke. And the new ones are passable.

The Garfield ones were just to not lose the IP rights, right?
                Partially. There was a Spiderman #4 that was supposed to be made and I think Raimi dropped out so they rebooted instead because there was IP issues. It has been a while but I think that was the scuttlebutt back then. (I still worked at the comic shop when 3 came out and the reboot was announced) I never saw the Garfield ones but my Spidey Freak Best Friend liked them. He hates the Tom Holland ones in part because Marvel always makes sure to make him second fiddle someone. First it was Iron Man and well he isnt even second fiddle in whatever the heck this next film is. I am of the belief that Marvel wants to make sure Sony never has much to play off of if the partnership falls through...he thinks it is cause Tom Holland sucks ;^)

It makes me sad he doesn't like those films...Spiderman is his favorite character outside of Star Wars...and he quit that (outside Mandalorian) after The Last Jedi.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I like the Holland ones, but yeah you have to separate the books from what the MCU is doing there. You're not getting the independent, snarky, and at times arsehole Spider-Man there. Which is obviously the best Spider-Man.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    I like the Holland ones, but yeah you have to separate the books from what the MCU is doing there. You're not getting the independent, snarky, and at times arsehole Spider-Man there. Which is obviously the best Spider-Man.
                    Which they know...which is why they are doing what they are doing. It will make a ton of money obviously but it just stinks of some sort of desperation.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I give Ghostbusters Afterlife a solid B+. The first act is a bit slow but the third act is perfection. Literal applause in the theater during the final battle.

This is how fan service is meant to be.

edit to add: I think the film would have gotten an A if it was a bit shorter. A lot of setup in the first act and it felt a bit tedious. I will probably see it again though and see if maybe it was more that I was just a bit worn out. Once they find the Ecto 1 though oh man game on!

And a certain re-casting just didn't work for me. I get why it was necessary but I would have just gone a different way I guess. Everything else though is pretty much a chef's kiss. If you love the original you will absolutely enjoy this film.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 11-19-2021, 09:51 PM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The Holland ones are the best of the lot and it's not even close. Tobey Keith was a ***** and I hated his characterization, and the Garfield story lines were awful Although if Spidey is supposed to be snarky Garfield was the only one that pulled it off.

Comment

• I also watched Hunt for Red October for the first time a couple nights ago. Most of it was good popcorn stuff, but I felt the climax and ending was a deus ex machina.
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Well...I mean...it is Tom Clancy ;^)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It's worse in the book, they literally ram another submarine to sink it.

"Next time you get a bright idea Jack, put it in a **** memo" is a great line though.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Ghost with Whoopi Goldberg and Patrick Swayze.

Sunday afternoon time killer, I suppose. Not a movie I would go out of my way to watch, not like I did when it first came out.

Comment

Working...
                                X