No announcement yet.

Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Round. Starring Mads Mikkelson. About a group of men who stay above .05 BAC in theory that it enables them to find their most successful self.

pretty decent. Up for an Oscar

Comment

• In Austin Powers, he was frozen in 1967 and unfrozen in 1997. So if it were remade today he would be frozen in 1991.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Somehow I don’t think that’s have the same impact as the 67-97 jump. A Seattle-rocker Austin Powers just wouldn’t be so out of place in 2021 as a 60s swinger landing in the post-AIDS USA.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Can you guys help me understand the psychology of Godzilla-type monsters’ appeal to an audience? My quick googling didn’t help. If I try to get into the plot of one of these monster movies I’m continually distracted by the assumed and unremarked massive loss of human life every time a building gets caved in. Why are they popular?
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Promising Young Woman

I wasn't sure about this one going in, as I thought it was going to be a silly torture flick geared for a female audience. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. OTOH, I think my girlfriend was hoping for a modern, higher budget take on I Spit On Your Grave and was a bit disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              Can you guys help me understand the psychology of Godzilla-type monsters’ appeal to an audience? My quick googling didn’t help. If I try to get into the plot of one of these monster movies I’m continually distracted by the assumed and unremarked massive loss of human life every time a building gets caved in. Why are they popular?
              Because they are fun and stupid! If you think about it you are doing it wrong ;^)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Can you guys help me understand the psychology of Godzilla-type monsters’ appeal to an audience? My quick googling didn’t help. If I try to get into the plot of one of these monster movies I’m continually distracted by the assumed and unremarked massive loss of human life every time a building gets caved in. Why are they popular?
                For Japanese: Hiroshima left a mark.
                For Americans: Dinosaurs are cool.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Promising Young Woman

I wasn't sure about this one going in, as I thought it was going to be a silly torture flick geared for a female audience. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. OTOH, I think my girlfriend was hoping for a modern, higher budget take on I Spit On Your Grave and was a bit disappointed.
                  I really liked it.

feels like The two of us are only people round here who have seen it

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I really liked it.

feels like The two of us are only people round here who have seen it
                    I've seen it. I liked 90% of it at an adoring level. The other 10% I wanted to drown in a bathtub.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I watched the original Clerks last night.

Some of the dialogue is outdated, but it still describes retail now.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I watched the original Clerks last night.

Some of the dialogue is outdated, but it still describes retail now.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I wasn't even supposed to be here today.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• How much do you suppose the average jizz mopper makes?

Comment

• Well, if we’re so ****ing advanced, what are we doing working here?
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Dante: But you hate people.
                                Randal: Yes, but I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

Comment

Working...
                                X