Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a watchable cut of 3 somewhere in there, but I have little interest in revisiting it. 1 & 2 should simply be doused in gasoline and lit on fire.

Comment

• I can remember watching A New Hope and Empire and being awe filled.

For watching 2 and 3, I really wish I would have done grad school stuff tonight.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        There's a watchable cut of 3 somewhere in there, but I have little interest in revisiting it. 1 & 2 should simply be doused in gasoline and lit on fire.
        Watchable... you mean the super cut that condenses EP 1, 2, and 3 into one 85 minute film, right?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Ep 9. I'm not a fan girl. It's alright, but I feel 7, 8, and 9 are no more than Saturday afternoon time-killer.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• mookie watched the replacements this morning. First time, and whatever. amazing list of movies mookie gave a pass on first time around....like the net which was viewed a month ago.

need to watch the big Lebowski soon too, as it’s also on there
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              mookie watched the replacements this morning. First time, and whatever. amazing list of movies mookie gave a pass on first time around....like the net which was viewed a month ago.

need to watch the big Lebowski soon too, as it’s also on there
              The Big Lebowski is one of those 10 movies or so that when I'm channel surfing and I see that it's on, I always watch it, even when I join it in the middle of the movie. Not sure why. I just find it really, really funny.

It is probably my wife's least favorite movie in history, and has been since it was released, so there may be problems at some point.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The Big Lebowski is one of those 10 movies or so that when I'm channel surfing and I see that it's on, I always watch it, even when I join it in the middle of the movie. Not sure why. I just find it really, really funny.
                Absolutely, if it is a non-censored channel.

My 10:

Big Lebowski
                Road House
                Young Frankenstein
                Blues Brothers

Hunt for Red October
                John Wick
                Die Hard
                Terminator
                Predator
                Jaws

The thing about these movies for me is I can pick them up at any point in media res and it's just as much fun.
                Last edited by Kepler; 01-14-2021, 03:18 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

My 10:

Big Lebowski
                  Road House
                  Young Frankenstein
                  Blues Brothers

Hunt for Red October
                  John Wick
                  Die Hard
                  Terminator
                  Predator
                  Jaws

The thing about these movies for me is I can pick them up at any point in media res and it's just as much fun.
                  I don't know that I've formally reduced mine to a list, or that it's limited to 10 movies. I just know that it's a character flaw that I can't change, and have no interest in changing.

Those on your list that I've bolded are definitely on my list, and a couple more that come to mind for me are:

Blazing Saddles
                  Rope
                  The Adventures of Robin Hood (with Errol Flynn)
                  12 Angry Men (Henry Fonda version)
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Shawshank
                    Apollo 13
                    Caddyshack
                    Bourne Identity
                    Airplane
                    Blazing Saddles
                    Gladiator
                    Godfather
                    Fletch

Comment

My 10:

Big Lebowski
                      Road House
                      Young Frankenstein
                      Blues Brothers

Hunt for Red October
                      John Wick
                      Die Hard
                      Terminator
                      Predator
                      Jaws

I’d add Airheads (the movie where Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, and Adam Sandler play a band holding a radio station hostage), Slap Shot, Youngblood, and Shawshank to that list.

There’s likely others but I can’t really think of any off the top of my head.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This is a solid pick. I would add Captain Blood (also Errol Flynn, and the only movie where Melanie Hamilton Wilkes has any sexual chemistry), not to be confused with The Black Swan (Tyrone Power) which I swear is exactly the same movie and features a very doable Maureen O'Hara.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe, except I always have to just buy it from the beginning because every forking line is perfect. See also: The Lion in Winter.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 01-14-2021, 05:13 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My 10:

Big Lebowski
                          Road House
                          Young Frankenstein
                          Blues Brothers

Hunt for Red October
                          John Wick
                          Die Hard
                          Terminator
                          Predator
                          Jaws

Not seen John wick along with Lebowski.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Not seen John wick along with Lebowski.
                            One group is intentionally funny, the other...
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Shawshank
                              Apollo 13
                              Caddyshack
                              Bourne Identity
                              Airplane
                              Blazing Saddles
                              Gladiator
                              Godfather
                              Fletch
                              Read Apollo 13, not seen

Comment

I don't know that I've formally reduced mine to a list, or that it's limited to 10 movies. I just know that it's a character flaw that I can't change, and have no interest in changing.

Those on your list that I've bolded are definitely on my list, and a couple more that come to mind for me are:

Blazing Saddles
                                Rope
                                12 Angry Men (Henry Fonda version)
                                What’s rope?

mookie also never seen Tommy Boy

Comment

Working...
                                X