No announcement yet.

Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can get your hands on a Coppola restoration edition, do it. They did an incredible job. On par with ST:TNG remasters.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• 21 bridges.

knew what was going to happen the whole time, but still enjoyed it.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        If you can get your hands on a Coppola restoration edition, do it. They did an incredible job. On par with ST:TNG remasters.
        What's this now?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Just watched The Godfather for the first time in a few years.
          It passes the test of a great movie: it gets deeper the more you see it.

Tarantino is the only living director this is true for (for me) for most/all of his films, now that Kubrick is dead. Well Jarmusch might still be alive.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It passes the test of a great movie: it gets deeper the more you see it.

Tarantino is the only living director this is true for (for me) for most/all of his films, now that Kubrick is dead. Well Jarmusch might still be alive.
            I effing love it. 3 hours feels like 2 and there is so much going on on so many levels. I've never been a big Pacino fan but he freaking nailed it here. Duvall was brilliant, Caan was brilliant, etc., etc.

Comment

I effing love it. 3 hours feels like 2 and there is so much going on on so many levels. I've never been a big Pacino fan but he freaking nailed it here. Duvall was brilliant, Caan was brilliant, etc., etc.
              Yep, it's a great movie. And Pacino is excellent -- if only he had been hit by a meteor coming off set on the last day.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The hospital scene is my favorite of that movie and in my top ten scenes of all time. And as much as I rail against music in movies being for dummies and ruining scenes, that single piano accompaniment in that scene is brilliant. There are a few movie scenes which if they come on I will stop everything else and just watch. That is one of them.

(The link above cuts off before the dirty cop shows up. That is also part of the scene and is great.)
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  What's this now?
                  The ST:TNG Blu-rays were all remasters of the original. Actual remasters, not just simple digital noise removal, etc. They went back and updated the graphics, the sound, everything.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...ation_(Blu-ray)

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/o...-r-changes.htm

Example:

There are slight differences, but the end result was pretty ****ing great.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The ST:TNG Blu-rays were all remasters of the original. Actual remasters, not just simple digital noise removal, etc. They went back and updated the graphics, the sound, everything.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki...ation_(Blu-ray)

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/o...-r-changes.htm

Example:

There are slight differences, but the end result was pretty ****ing great.
                    That is not an exact match, different windows are lit up and the beam originates from a different point. But it is a great difference.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That is not an exact match, different windows are lit up and the beam originates from a different point. But it is a great difference.
                      I was reading on the differences - thanks for the link - and the emitter change was due to published ship schematics and changing that scene to adhere to them. And they outright changed certain source images due to original footage either being too corrupt to enhance, or using what they thought would enhance the experience for the serious Trekkies.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        the emitter change was due to published ship schematics and changing that scene to adhere to them.
                        That’s...... intense. I love it and feel a need to send them money.

I bought season 1 years ago and it was spectacular. Just never bought the rest because Star Trek media is often insanely priced.
                        Code:

Comment

• Watched fail-safe for the first time. Interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Watched fail-safe for the first time. Interesting
                            That's an unfortunately overlooked movie with a lot of interesting casting choices.

Comment

• So what are your guesses for when we have another "successful" blockbuster?

We're literally watching an entire industry die on the vine and I'm not sure what to make of it... Not that any of the major studios are innocent of anything related to corporate BS... But still sucks to have to step back on something that I really enjoyed....
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

That's an unfortunately overlooked movie with a lot of interesting casting choices.
                                Certainly an inviting cast besides the big names.

jr Ewing the translator
                                boss Hogg was the congressman
                                the odd colonel was the bad guy navy captain former boss of magnum in the first two episodes.

how did Walter Matthau become a movie star anyhow? Didn’t one have to have looks back then?

Comment

Working...
                                X