X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Watched St Elmo's Fire

Trying to figure out which character Kepler was

AND WHAT'S WITH KIRBY KEIGER???? Like this dude would ever be casted now. Kirby would be serving 2-5y for his anger stalking.... er wait. He's white.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Watched St Elmo's Fire

Trying to figure out which character Kepler was
      There's an app for that.

The answer is something called "Billy." I have never seen it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Invisible Man...hahaha nope!

This movie is a joke right? I mean they weren't serious correct?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          There's an app for that.

The answer is something called "Billy." I have never seen it.
          Billy was robe Lowe's charcter
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            The Invisible Man...hahaha nope!

This movie is a joke right? I mean they weren't serious correct?
            I have not heard good things outside of Moss being excellent in her role (given what she had to work with).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              I have not heard good things outside of Moss being excellent in her role (given what she had to work with).
              Funny cause it's getting great reviews.
              91% on RT with an 88% audience score
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                It was massacred at first, from what I have read, then it was reframed (in marketing) as a "MeToo" movie, then reviews started changing.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Which is proof RT is worthless. The movie is stupid and so rushed it is laughable. They don't even build suspense and she figures the whole thing out in half an hour. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it went through massive rewrites it is so incomplete.

And Moss just didn't do much and the end is almost as bad A Quiet Place.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Which is proof RT is worthless. The movie is stupid and so rushed it is laughable. They don't even build suspense and she figures the whole thing out in half an hour. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it went through massive rewrites it is so incomplete.

I liked the Quiet Place, but can see where that was rife for ridicule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You disagreeing doesn't make RT worthless but ok...
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

RT is just like every other critic. I don't bother with critics. I watch for myself, or listen to people I actually know, and then judge. Handy and I...I'd say we're 50/50 on movie likes. Different tastes and such. I trust him on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          No RT is worthless for about a thousand reasons. My disliking it is just a biproduct of that
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            RT is just like every other critic. I don't bother with critics. I watch for myself, or listen to people I actually know, and then judge. Handy and I...I'd say we're 50/50 on movie likes. Different tastes and such. I trust him on this one.
                            Im not saying I trust critics Implicitly or anything...just that the reviews have been good.
                            Handy doesn't like it..fine.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

No RT is worthless for about a thousand reasons. My disliking it is just a biproduct of that
                              I never read the reviews but I look at the scores.

High Critics / Low Audience: Definitely see it
                              Low Critics / High Audience: Ow My Balls
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Im not saying I trust critics Implicitly or anything...just that the reviews have been good.
                                Handy doesn't like it..fine.
                                I honestly had no clue if the reviews were good or not. I dont look until after I see a film.

I can guess the reasons why this got reviewed well, and RT is part of the problem. (that is a discussion for another day)

Plenty of bad movies people hate get great reviews so it isnt a big deal or anything. This film is like the twitter version of a thriller...it is 1/4 of the whole story with a few jump scares (clickbait) in there to get your attention. I mean you dont even get enough time where you believe he is dead like 5 minutes after she finds out she goes from super happy to "ZOMG HE FAKED HIS DEATH WE GOTS TA STOP HIM!!!1!!". They should have spent more time with him terrorizing her without her figuring it out...and in way less obvious ways. For a genius this guy was a moron. And the ending...it tried so hard to be clever and "You go girl!" and while it hits the second part it fails horrendously at the first.

I have to think this was originally part of the "Monster Extended Universe" Universal was trying to put together with Tom Cruise's Mummy reboot that failed. When the Universe failed they re-purposed it and that is why the story is so disjointed.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X