X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Bong Joon Ho is great, and I love that he keeps winning for Parasite
    If one hasn't seen Snowpiercer (same guy), one is missing out. Loved the shout outs to Martin and Quentin.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Rutger Hauer died? Rats!
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Parasite as best pic. I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Parasite as best pic. I like it
          Ditto. Although with the wins, that makes the queue a bit longer on Netflix.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Comment

I’m going to have to see this. They cleaned up tonight. Wow.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                By all accounts, even before awards shows, Parasite is the shizzle for movies this year. I have not heard a single bad or even mediocre review.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  By all accounts, even before awards shows, Parasite is the shizzle for movies this year. I have not heard a single bad or even mediocre review.
                  It's a throwback to serious drama. It could be a Eugene O'Neill play: just characters talking.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I liked it, it was fun and engrossing. It's the only one my wife and I saw, so I guess we chose well. I'll still have to see all of the others before I make a final choice though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I liked it, it was fun and engrossing. It's the only one my wife and I saw, so I guess we chose well. I'll still have to see all of the others before I make a final choice though.
                      I'm still working through everything myself. While I loved Joker, I can say that had no business as a best picture. 1917, I have not seen, and I would have guessed every technical award out there, but not best picture, although worthy of consideration. Once Upon... from what I've heard deserved consideration (haven't seen it yet), The Irishman deserved the nom, Marriage Story (haven't seen it, no interest, but heard it was deserving), and I think the rest were just kind of throw-ins to fill out the set.

Comment

I saw Joker, Once Upon a Time and 1917...any of them would have been worthy.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I saw Joker, Once Upon a Time and 1917...any of them would have been worthy.
                          Joaquin was a shoo in for best actor. Anyone else and it would have been a travesty. From what I've read, it was pretty much Once vs Parasite. 1917 was kind of a safe choice, for a lack of a better phrase. Joker...it just didn't hold up as a whole, IMO, from a neutral standpoint. Not compared to the other favorites.

Comment

I’m ok with parasite over once upon a time and joker. Have yet to see 1917

Comment

I haven't seen Parasite but don't much have an issue based on what I have heard.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Lost City Of Z:

Based on the true story of a British explorer, circa early 1900s, trying to find a lost city in Amazonia, and later mysteriously disappeared.

Pretty decent movie, although a bit long-winded/tedious. At 2:21 running time, they could have shortened a couple scenes, and brought it to about 2 hours. Even though the attitudes of white people towards the jungle people were previously known, it was still interesting to see it all unfold. Charlie Hunnam (Sons Of Anarchy) does well in his role. I hope to see him in more stuff, to break out of his SOA typecast that many of us still see him as.

Comment

Working...
                                X