X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Showing the lowbrow side of me when, when I saw the name "Stanwyck" I immediately thought of the cabana scene from Fletch.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Showing the lowbrow side of me when, when I saw the name "Stanwyck" I immediately thought of the cabana scene from Fletch.
    That is NOT low brow.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Oh, wow, I was thinking well earlier. I had no idea Bogie made it into the 1960s. And my god George Raft musta been a hundred.

Edit: wait. Bogart died in 1957. How was he in a 1964 movie?

Edit edit: Never mind, this whole time I have been confusing Invisible Stripes (1939) with Walk on the Wild Side (1964).

For the record, I will watch any Stanwyck movie. My all-time favorite movie actress (or actor).
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Gotta remember that movie was made in 1964; Holden was 46, Harvey was 10 years younger.
    Oh, wow, I was thinking well earlier. I had no idea Bogie made it into the 1960s. And my god George Raft musta been a hundred.

Edit: wait. Bogart died in 1957. How was he in a 1964 movie?

Edit edit: Never mind, this whole time I have been confusing Invisible Stripes (1939) with Walk on the Wild Side (1964).

For the record, I will watch any Stanwyck movie. My all-time favorite movie actress (or actor).

Last edited by Kepler; 08-11-2022, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'll be there. How was that not William Holden?
    Gotta remember that movie was made in 1964; Holden was 46, Harvey was 10 years younger.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Walk On The Wild Side tonight on TCM at 10:15 EDT. In a nutshell, A penniless farmer(Laurence Harvey) tracks the woman he loves(Capucine) to a New Orleans brothel. Barbara Stanwyck is the brothel madam, and oh yeah Jane Fonda is Kitty Twist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1s10Lpd-c
    I'll be there. How was that not William Holden?

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Walk On The Wild Side tonight on TCM at 10:15 EDT. In a nutshell, A penniless farmer(Laurence Harvey) tracks the woman he loves(Capucine) to a New Orleans brothel. Barbara Stanwyck is the brothel madam, and oh yeah Jane Fonda is Kitty Twist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1s10Lpd-c

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    After deciding to watch Sunset last night I started to nose around and see what movies I hadn't seen to tape for later. I found Invisible Stripes among others, watched it tonight and didn't recognize 21 year old Holden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyS8idXuRk

Wow, you are right. It's Holden eyes on the head of Moose from Archie.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    William Holden started his run on TCM's Summer Under The Stars with what else, Sunset Boulevard.
    After deciding to watch Sunset last night I started to nose around and see what movies I hadn't seen to tape for later. I found Invisible Stripes among others, watched it tonight and didn't recognize 21 year old Holden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyS8idXuRk

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is putting it nicely...that film sucked.
    Which is sad because the games are some of the best media ever.

The opening level/sequence for Uncharted 2 is one of the best openings in any media.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Based on the plot, and that I like both lead actors enough , I thought, maybe it’s a fun time killer. Nope. Everything from casting to writing was just terrible

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Uncharted is now on Netflix, so I had it on while I worked out.

it wasn’t very good

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Uncharted is now on Netflix, so I had it on while I worked out.

it wasn’t very good

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    William Holden started his run on TCM's Summer Under The Stars with what else, Sunset Boulevard.
    He always wanted a pool. Well, in the end, he got himself a pool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X