Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most of what Barney said was cringe at the time...the character is a sleeze. NPH was the reason people liked him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      There are a lot of things like that now. That 70's Show gets cringier by the minute, which I suppose was destined to happen by the mere nature of the show.

      Everything Barney said in How I Met Your Mother was cringe ten seconds after he said it.
      That 70s show was and still is great. You just need to realize Red and Kitty are the best part of the show.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        There are a lot of things like that now. That 70's Show gets cringier by the minute, which I suppose was destined to happen by the mere nature of the show.

        Everything Barney said in How I Met Your Mother was cringe ten seconds after he said it.
        And in ten years it will be cringe that it is cringe now.

        Hemlines, how do they work?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          And in ten years it will be cringe that it is cringe now.
          Most likely.
          the state of hockey is good

          Comment


          • Ace Ventura was especially problematic for me because of "EINHORN IS A MAN" and using trans people as a source of cheap humor.

            But then again, that is me.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Ace Ventura was especially problematic for me because of "EINHORN IS A MAN" and using trans people as a source of cheap humor.

              But then again, that is me.
              I definitely understand it for you, but even for a good chunk of the rest of us it holds up verrrrry poorly.

              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


              KDR

              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

              Test to see if I can add this.

              Comment


              • The 90s taking everything to "11" is definitely something that I kind of look back on and wonder "What the hell?" Look at how well American Pie has aged.

                That said, if you want a helping of Jim Carrey, THE MASK still holds up, especially compared to his other two major films from 1994.
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  The 90s taking everything to "11" is definitely something that I kind of look back on and wonder "What the hell?" Look at how well American Pie has aged.

                  That said, if you want a helping of Jim Carrey, THE MASK still holds up, especially compared to his other two major films from 1994.
                  And later, Liar Liar and The Truman Show hold up just fine. Eternal Sunshine is spectacular.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

                  Comment


                  • I'm still going to stand up for American Pie and American Pie 2. Maybe the music helps.

                    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                    KDR

                    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                    Test to see if I can add this.

                    Comment


                    • Cutter's Way.

                      Moody, deeply cynical 70s period piece and murder mystery in which all the investigation occurs off screen, and the focus is not on the "detective" but on a sidekick who cannot decide whether to commit or stay safe.

                      A comment on the implosion of the 1960s, wealth, California, responsibility, and apathy. It made me extremely uncomfortable and I was impressed by it.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 07-27-2021, 12:22 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • I'm super pumped to see that James Gunn's THE SUICIDE SQUAD is getting spectacular reviews right out of the box as the embargo lifted earlier today. A couple reviewers that I trust and have similar views on specifically pointed out how Gunn has once again crafted characters and made you feel for them in the movie, despite what you see when you look at a guy called POLKA DOT MAN or RAT CATCHER 2.

                        Im really happy to see that Gunn has landed on his feet and that he didn't lose any of his artistic character building ability, as that is what makes GotG such a beloved corner of the MCU.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                        Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                        Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                        Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                        Comment


                        • Watched Ant Man earlier and couldn't get into it.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            I'm super pumped to see that James Gunn's THE SUICIDE SQUAD is getting spectacular reviews right out of the box as the embargo lifted earlier today. A couple reviewers that I trust and have similar views on specifically pointed out how Gunn has once again crafted characters and made you feel for them in the movie, despite what you see when you look at a guy called POLKA DOT MAN or RAT CATCHER 2.

                            Im really happy to see that Gunn has landed on his feet and that he didn't lose any of his artistic character building ability, as that is what makes GotG such a beloved corner of the MCU.
                            It could end up being the best DCU movie, which I guess would put in somewhere between Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 is the MCU scale?

                            Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                            KDR

                            Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                            Test to see if I can add this.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                              It could end up being the best DCU movie, which I guess would put in somewhere between Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 is the MCU scale?
                              What about Nolan's batman poop? Isn't that considered DCU?

                              FWIW, I thought WW was better than almost every MCU movie. Though after that... stinko.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • From the daily trivia list at GPL:

                                Of the 75 highest-grossing films worldwide of all time (according to Box Office Mojo) four were released before 2000.

                                I only got 2 of the 4. All 4 are extremely recognizable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X