X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a row?
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• I hope it feels so good to be right. Nothing's more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of other people.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• "37!? In a row?" is a running gag at work now ever since I got everyone to watch that movie. Anytime someone says that number, someone will chime in with "In a row!?!?!"

Also:

"What are you watching?!?!"
        "Children's programming."

Comment

• I'm a firm believer in a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Comment

• They don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of them just cheat on you.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• "Give me the goddamn kitty cat bracelet!"

Comment

• Grandpa Joe Hate took me here.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I can't believe I am saying this...but Mortal Kombat looks kind of good and I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I can't believe I am saying this...but Mortal Kombat looks kind of good and I am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.
                    Let us know. I have never seen the game but every once in a while there's something like this that just works, like Resident Evil.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I want to watch PCU tonight.

That movie probably didn't age well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I want to watch PCU tonight.

I watched it last week...it is just as relevant now and also just as ridiculous.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          I want to watch PCU tonight.

It still works, mostly. Some of it is just as you think, but the thing that makes it work at heart is it's not a serious message movie, it's a dumb as **** stoner movie. It's funny because it's mind-numbingly stupid. Anybody who builds an anti-woke political philosophy from it has the cerebral firepower of (Cornell alumnus) Bill Maher.

The movie of that type that does have a message and really still works is Accepted.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Accepted is alright...but not nearly as rewatchable as PCU.

BTW Mortal Kombat is fun as hell! Much like Godzilla vs. King Kong it knows what it is and leans into it. The fights are sick, the characters are ridiculous and the lines are cheesy goodness! (the way they insert lines from the game are hilarious!) Honestly I thought of it as a 2021 version of Highlander only instead of sword fighting it is just cool ninja and martial arts stuff. It wont win awards and some of the acting is...well...interesting but I left wanting more which is not usually the case with stuff like this. It actually makes me want to go back and play the games. (while yelling MORTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT like the old commercials)
                            Last edited by Handyman; 04-24-2021, 08:49 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Some pro & con commentary from elsewhere:

Sometimes you have to embrace how ****ty a movie is. This had all the hallmarks of a complete **** show. Terrible acting. Check. Weak plot. Check. Characters you don't give a **** about. Check. I absolutely wouldn't pay to watch this in a theater. That's for sure.
                              Conversation between my gal and I:

"Is this the tournament? Are they in a tournament right now? Is the tournament happening inside this trailer home right now?"

"Uh, I don't think so. Maybe that's later? Or maybe it is?"
                              Scorps & Subby kicked ***. Should have just made it about those two.

Kano was the best part of the movie by far

Let's spend 1.5 hours talking about a tournament.....that never happens. It's like if the movie Miracle talked about playing the Soviets in the 1980 Olympics and they end the movie before the Olympics start.

Like others said....the main character was boring as a Canadian riot.

Why did they make the villains bigger jobbers than the Brooklyn Brawler? Literally got their *** kicked in 3 minutes. ****ing Goro got jobbed out by boring *** main character who's super power was a ****ing Black Panther suit?
                              It... was not good. Was it even really gory? I waited all damn movie for a guy to get his spine ripped out and that never happened. I guess Goro was cool-looking but there wasn't anything else very noteworthy in the movie, in my opnion.

They're obviously setting up for more films but i wonder who would want to watch them. I can't imagine paying to watch this.
                              Sometimes you have to embrace how ****ty a movie is. This had all the hallmarks of a complete **** show. Terrible acting. Check. Weak plot. Check. Characters you don't give a **** about. Check. I absolutely wouldn't pay to watch this in a theater. That's for sure.
                              Yep - this is a movie you can feel comfortable folding socks while watching and not really missing much. There's some value there.
                              The Minnesota Twins will be providing ample material like this over this summer.
                              This movie was terrific in a terrible movie sense. I honestly enjoyed how awful it was.
                              It was aiight.

Enjoyed the cheesy original one better.

Hope this helps.

Lead character was a dud.
                              Spoiler:
                              Hopefully they vindicate themselves in the sequel. Also needed moar scorpion.

Comment

• The people who seem to dislike it the most are the people who actually know the entire Mortal Kombat story. I dont so I didnt care.

Sub Zero, Scorpion and Kano are the best parts but they are others. I dunno I guess I just felt it gave me exactly what I wanted from it.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X