X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mookie1995
    replied
    Girl and mookie saw argyle Friday night….in 4D. Our first experience with that. The movie was…challenging. :-)
    the 4D was weird
    wanted to like the movie, but that may end the series

saw today the globe critic gave it zero stars

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    They were called The Mortis Gods in the show, actually - really strong Force users. Three of them - one for the Balance, one for the Light, and another for the Dark. The arc was an attempt to move Star Wars back towards the mystic, away from the midichlorians of the prequels.
    Yeah that isn't helping...

The more you add, the more you take away. The Force was cool because we knew very little about it and very few were sensitive to it.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I’ve got a new winner for best picture- the zone of interest

winner at Cannes

i never want to see it again
    I had to sit with this one for a few days.

truly one of the most unique ways I’ve ever seen the holocaust portrayed.

glazer does a masterful job of showing you pure horror without showing you any of the actual horror.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Force Gods...SMH.
    They were called The Mortis Gods in the show, actually - really strong Force users. Three of them - one for the Balance, one for the Light, and another for the Dark. The arc was an attempt to move Star Wars back towards the mystic, away from the midichlorians of the prequels.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Force Gods...SMH.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

With Filoni now in charge, it might actually be pretty good. I didn't hate the new trilogy (or the original prequel trilogy either) but they certainly had the potential to be better. I still love Star Wars and have enjoyed the shows (and Rogue One, and even Solo was ok to me). But I never watched the animated stuff so I am lost on some lore and what not. And of course the toxicity of much of the fan base is unbearable at times. Some people just need to turn it off and let themselves enjoy something and go in without any expectation.
    Filoni really gets off on expanding the mythos that’s building George’s galaxy. The Force Gods that Lucas had Filoni add into a three-episode arc within the Clone Wars, they’re central to many of the TV shows he’s heading now.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Di$ney is going to suck that well drier than the Sahara. Good lord...

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I had no idea there will be a Star Wars X or whatever it might be called.
    With Filoni now in charge, it might actually be pretty good. I didn't hate the new trilogy (or the original prequel trilogy either) but they certainly had the potential to be better. I still love Star Wars and have enjoyed the shows (and Rogue One, and even Solo was ok to me). But I never watched the animated stuff so I am lost on some lore and what not. And of course the toxicity of much of the fan base is unbearable at times. Some people just need to turn it off and let themselves enjoy something and go in without any expectation.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I had no idea there will be a Star Wars X or whatever it might be called.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Ah heck. This the movie mookie asked about a while ago after he saw the trailer. This is streaming? Netflix US??
    have to watch. The trailer looked sorta cool

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Finally got around to watching The Holdovers. I’m not going to lie – I did not love the first third or so of the film, and for me there are more than a few completely throwaway characters beyond Paul, Tully and Mary. So much so there are entire scenes (especially those with other students) that I loathed. That said I thoroughly enjoyed the final two thirds and the power three characters were great. I also loved the soundtrack.

Quirky personal tidbit - a handful of times the song Bittersweet Symphony popped into my head while trying to place Dominic Sessa.
    The other students are mostly worthless...except to show how fully developed and well rounded Angus is.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The scene of him looking at the girl in the basement and her holding his gaze, with the fear, hope, honesty, excitement all dancing in his eyes in an instant, was a work of art. Every single person has ridden that rollercoaster for the first time; it unites all of us as human beings. It can't be described but it can, apparently, be portrayed.
    Absolutely. And the look on Giamattis face in two scenes where he said nothing but his face said everything...

1) When the kid tells him/asks him if he realizes everyone hates him

2) When he thinks he is making a connection with the one lady at the school who likes him...and then her boyfriend shows up

Both nearly broke me. I have been in both those situations...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Happy 38th birthday to one of the greatest sports movies of all time….Youngblood

wish it was on one of the streaming services.
    Tea with Ms. McGill.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    One Love opens Feb 14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7FVsFvkqOE

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Happy 38th birthday to one of the greatest sports movies of all time….Youngblood

wish it was on one of the streaming services.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X