X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    I think it will have good potential. It is a direct sequel to the first and will focus on Riley as a teen with apparently some new emotions making appearances. We saw the humorous potential during the end credits of the 1st when the emotions went haywire when she was around that boy. I'd love it if they have it where she starts to have similar feelings around a girl. Could be an excellent opportunity to explore that. And a big ol middle finger to the magats.
    TBH, that would be tiresome. Much like movies about WHITES AND BLACKS JUST GETTING ALONG TOGETHER!!! in the 70s and 80s, there comes a point where being LGBTQ is checking another corporate #WeRaceAsOne box.

Now, make the little b-tch trans and I AM all on board. That actually puts some stakes into it, and risks their profit margin. And even better, it's trading female for male personal identity, which will make the Left freak out too since it subverts our hierarchy.

Don't give me interracial buddies. Give me a sexually-active interracial couple. In 1955.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-12-2022, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    There will be an Inside Out 2.

I want to give it a chance.
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Same here. The original is excellent.
    I think it will have good potential. It is a direct sequel to the first and will focus on Riley as a teen with apparently some new emotions making appearances. We saw the humorous potential during the end credits of the 1st when the emotions went haywire when she was around that boy. I'd love it if they have it where she starts to have similar feelings around a girl. Could be an excellent opportunity to explore that. And a big ol middle finger to the magats.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Oh, I own it. I just haven't actually gotten down to it yet.

Likewise:
    • The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie
    • Winter Light
    • Wild Strawberries
    • Holy Motors
    • The Ister
    • Hard to Be a God

I will get to them all, very slowly. The two I knocked off last year were The Night of the Hunter and Last Year at Marienbad, both wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Same here. The original is excellent.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I have still never seen Paths of Glory, somehow. The Lew Ayres version is incredible. The classroom scenes (spectacular in the book) would be denounced by both parties if included in an American movie today, that is if they were permitted to be shown at all.

Here ya go.

https://archive.org/details/pathsofglory1957_201908

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    A German version of All Quiet on the Western Front hits Netflix on 10/28. It will be a must see for me.

The Lew Ayres version (1930) is my 2nd favorite anti-war movie with Paths of Glory being #1.
    I have still never seen Paths of Glory, somehow. The Lew Ayres version is incredible. The classroom scenes (spectacular in the book) would be denounced by both parties if included in an American movie today, that is if they were permitted to be shown at all.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace

Behind the wagon that we flung him in,

And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,

His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;

If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood

Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,

Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud

Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest

To children ardent for some desperate glory,

The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est

Pro patria mori.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-11-2022, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    A German version of All Quiet on the Western Front hits Netflix on 10/28. It will be a must see for me.

The Lew Ayres version (1930) is my 2nd favorite anti-war movie with Paths of Glory being #1.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Forgotten gems of American cinema.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I enjoyed the first one. The rest sucked ***.
    I quit after the first 10 minutes of the 3rd and watched nothing thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I enjoyed the first one. The rest sucked ***.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I think I made it through half of one of those films...I can take a lot but that is too much Michael Bay for these eyes!
    "And Michael Bay keeps making movies..."

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    What, you all don't appreciate two and a half hour long General Motors adverisements?

*Edit* Every time I re-watch the first film and all the transformers meet up, i fully expect a cameo from Big & Rich...

https://youtu.be/ZGxei2GX97U
    Last edited by aparch; 09-06-2022, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I think I made it through half of one of those films...I can take a lot but that is too much Michael Bay for these eyes!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I watched the first two Michael Bay Transformers movies.

Cool explosions, ****ty dialogue, and a story that made absolutely no sense.

Good Labor Day afternoon time waster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X