Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    This makes me feel so much better about myself. I might be a nerd, but at least I'm not one of those nerds.
    Ditto. I love Star Wars, and Superman, but I'm not THAT into it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Ditto. I love Star Wars, and Superman, but I'm not THAT into it.
      But it is a lot of fun to be that into something.

I am really into old movies (and college hockey) so I get it. And if people want to yell "nerds!" that's just people who never left JHS. F-ck em.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        But it is a lot of fun to be that into something.

I am really into old movies (and college hockey) so I get it. And if people want to yell "nerds!" that's just people who never left JHS. F-ck em.
        I guess for me nowadays, it'd be beer. I'm no cicerone, I doubt I could ever pass THAT test, but my knowledge has gone from (on a scale of 1-10) a 2 to a 7 in the last 5 years or so. Some of my beer geek friends, the knowledge is insane, and I learn a little something new every week. The wisdom has skyrocketed in a short amount of time.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Vision Quest...good lord that film is wonderful.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Vision Quest...good lord that film is wonderful.
            QFT

Soundtrack ain’t that shabby either
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I haven't watched that movie in two decades, but I remember it being a fun time waster.

"It's an RV from Hell!"

Let us know if it still holds up.
              That line dates it as pre suv

Some of those lines are corny classic “is this how you screen all your guests?”
              Wonderful movie

Mookie was surprised to read brion passed quite young. He was also kehoe from 48hrs fame.

Comment

Morning double feature of Russell Crowe

The nice guys & Body of lies

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  This makes me feel so much better about myself. I might be a nerd, but at least I'm not one of those nerds.
                  I thought this about myself once, and then promptly went back to discussions of how WOTC is “killing” Magic.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Question: I thought about picking up Captain Marvel and Ant Man. Your thoughts?

Bear in mind, I don't have time to watch all the Avengers-related movies right now.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Question: I thought about picking up Captain Marvel and Ant Man. Your thoughts?

Bear in mind, I don't have time to watch all the Avengers-related movies right now.
                      They both work well on their own. They only really tie in to the Avengers storyline after they tell their own story.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        They both work well on their own. They only really tie in to the Avengers storyline after they tell their own story.
                        Agreed.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Operation Finale. The story of the operation by the Mossad to capture and exfiltrate Adolf Eichmann from hiding in 1960 Argentina. I thought they could have done a bit better leading up to his capture but otherwise it was very well done. Especially the scenes between Eichmann (superbly played by Ben Kingsley) and Oscar Isaac’s Mossad agent. Kingsley remains one of my favorite actors and he did not waste this part as Eichmann one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Operation Finale. The story of the operation by the Mossad to capture and exfiltrate Adolf Eichmann from hiding in 1960 Argentina. I thought they could have done a bit better leading up to his capture but otherwise it was very well done. Especially the scenes between Eichmann (superbly played by Ben Kingsley) and Oscar Isaac’s Mossad agent. Kingsley remains one of my favorite actors and he did not waste this part as Eichmann one bit.
                            I'd watch that for Kingsley. The movie's not my kind of thing at all but I'd love to see him play the character.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I'd watch that for Kingsley. The movie's not my kind of thing at all but I'd love to see him play the character.
                              As I mentioned on GPL, he chews up every scene he's in, in that one. I liked the movie quite a bit.

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood:
                              A cynical investigative journalist is assigned to do a profile on Mr Rogers.

The changes between charming and dark in this movie is like flipping a light switch. It happens that fast as the story goes on. I do like how they basically frame this as a long episode of the actual Mr Rogers' Neighborhood, it works well. Hanks is outstanding, as usual. The little things like speech volume/cadence, the hand on the hip, that sort of thing...awesome.

A little bonus, is how they touched on the urban legends of Mr Rogers, and hinted at what Daniel Striped Tiger really was to Mr Rogers (Won't You Be My Neighbor? documentary does a good job on fully explaining all of that information).

Definitely recommend.

Comment

Watched John Wick 1, 2, and 3 back to back to back. Had never seen them before. Maybe it made a difference the way I saw them but while I'll agree 1 was the best, I did not see the precipitous falloff I was led to believe existed.

In fact 3 may be my favorite of the bunch.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X