Clear All

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah DKR is a hot mess at times ..

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

It's the third. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises.
    Hell, even if you get it in context, there's way too much shoved in DKR haphazardly that it won't help.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I watched The Dark Knight Rises yesterday.

What's the order of the Nolan Batman films so I can understand DKR in context?
    It's the third. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I watched The Dark Knight Rises yesterday.

What's the order of the Nolan Batman films so I can understand DKR in context?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Worst person in the world is certainly an odd little film. Norwegian for those who are allergic to subtitles.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    It wasn't that great. The Jane Foster storyline was good and worth telling. And, the other storyline was good and worth telling. They kind of combo plattered it. The execution was kind of meh all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Not that I am going to see it...but please tell me the effects in the movie are better than the ones in the trailer because some of them were atrocious.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    THOR: LOVE & THUNDER

It was cromulent.... That's it... Pretty much a linear, no frills story...

Overall MCU Spoiler/Criticism - So I know that there wasn't gonna be any big reveals on the next Thanos/threat right away, but I'm kinda getting annoyed with the fact that with the SIX movies and all the D+ shows we've gotten and it feels like each has done their own thing with almost not connective tissue holding everything together. Other than mere surface level references, I feel that THOR specifically did nothing to move the larger story forward. Pretty much everything after ENDGAME just seems to be doing it's own thing with very little of the "it's all connected" mantra.

I get needing to make these things accessible to people that don't watch EVERYTHING, but I feel that they have swung too far in that direction currently...

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Police Academy (the first one) is on Netflix.

It holds up.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah but he is only on screen half the time. The Colonel narrates this film!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I took my parents to see Elvis...all the performances are great (Kepler will hate it cause Tom Hanks is everywhere!!)
    I liked That Thing You Do.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I took my parents to see Elvis...all the performances are great (Kepler will hate it cause Tom Hanks is everywhere!!) but good god Baz Luhrman is perhaps the most self indulgent director of all time. If Elvis himself isn't enough pomp and circumstance for you that is a problem. The film was only "good" but could have been great with a better director.

The kid playing Elvis was outstanding...I mean he better win lots of awards. He is better as Elvis than Malek was as Freddy Mercury. (neither was as good as Egerton as Elton John though)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Today I unlearned:

It is commonly believed that the characters of Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the cabdriver. However, in a correction for the 1999 "Annual Xmas Quiz" in the San Francisco Chronicle, which made this claim, series writer Jerry Juhl confirmed that, per producer Jon Stone, the shared names were merely a coincidence.
    The heck with that. "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

I still need to watch the mini-series. The wife started to watch it when it came out, she said she only made it partway into episode one before it was a little too much for her.
    I would definitely watch both. I would probably start with the mini-series though because you get a little more detailed picture. This latest doc is outstanding primarily because of the film footage. Russia filmed everything because they thought they were documenting a glorious outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

I still need to watch the mini-series. The wife started to watch it when it came out, she said she only made it partway into episode one before it was a little too much for her.
    It's a tough watch, but it is excellent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X