Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aparch
    replied
    What, you all don't appreciate two and a half hour long General Motors adverisements?

*Edit* Every time I re-watch the first film and all the transformers meet up, i fully expect a cameo from Big & Rich...

https://youtu.be/ZGxei2GX97U
    Last edited by aparch; 09-06-2022, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I think I made it through half of one of those films...I can take a lot but that is too much Michael Bay for these eyes!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I watched the first two Michael Bay Transformers movies.

Cool explosions, ****ty dialogue, and a story that made absolutely no sense.

Good Labor Day afternoon time waster.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Just because I can't find a better thread to put this in, went to the stage production of To Kill A Mockingbird yesterday that was created by Aaron Sorkin. Definitely had his touch all over it, both good and bad.

On the good front: the banter was witty, the deconstruction of the plot by interspersing the trial with other events worked very well, and the acting was top notch (bonus being the actress who played Scout in the film now plays Mrs. Dubois on the national tour). The guy who played Atticus really was top notch (though the part still showed it was clearly written for Jeff Daniels), could see why he had previously been nominated for a Tony and won an Emmy.

On the bad front: if you weren't a male, and preferably a white male, your part was cut way down or simply erased. Scout was reduced primarily to the narrator, Jem's part was expanded, and Dill became the comic relief. Calpurnia was reduced to a stereotypical sassy black woman. Tom Robinson's role expanded, though. Aunt Rachel was cut completely, Mrs. Dubois had about 2 minutes on stage, and Mayella Ewell became a caricature.

The what the fark parts: they cut one poignant scene and completely farked a couple of others, changing the entire tenor/ moral of the story. The one that really sticks out, though, is that instead of Atticus being spit on with no response as he keeps his cool and dignity, he now puts Bob Ewell in a headlock after losing himself for 30 seconds. Because Sorkin.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Marilyn starts her run on TCM's Summer Under The Stars tomorrow. She's not much more than eye candy with a few lines in my favorite film noir The Asphalt Jungle at 7:30 am.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

No Jackie Bisset though.
    True, but Lisa Eilbacher is consolation.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I will be watching this when it comes out

https://twitter.com/samyoungman/stat...PXDyKgw3u8d7cA

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I mix it up with The Abyss and Leviathan.
    No Jackie Bisset though.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    TCM had "The Deep" on this afternoon. I think the last time I watched that was prob 20 years ago.
    I mix it up with The Abyss and Leviathan.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    TCM had "The Deep" on this afternoon. I think the last time I watched that was prob 20 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Poochie died on the way back to his home planet.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    China is a Republican's idea of heaven.

They have altered the ending of the "Despicable Me" franchise animated film "Minions: The Rise of Gru," which social media users across the country noticed over the weekend.

In the international version, the film ends with Gru and his mentor, Wild Knuckles, riding off into the sunset after the latter faked his own death to evade capture.

But not in mainland China, where a series of subtitled still images inserted into the credits sequence informed cinemagoers that Wild Knuckles was caught and locked up for 20 years.

Last year, viewers of "Fight Club" had a very different ending when it appeared on a popular Chinese streaming platform.

Viewers were told police foiled a plan by the protagonist and his alter ego, played by Edward Norton and Brad Pitt, to detonate a set of skyscrapers.

In China, Pitt's character, Tyler Durden, was also not just a figment of Norton's character's imagination but was sent to an asylum and later discharged.

LGBTQ plotlines from hit US sitcom "Friends" were removed before it was streamed earlier this year.

Disney's latest animated film, "Lightyear," was not even released in China as the company refused to remove a scene showing two female characters kissing.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Another white evangelical Christian conservative.

There seems to be a trend...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Not everything is legal in New Jersey.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The Last House on the Left (1972)

Smash in the face film, incredibly disturbing. Probably only a debut film could be this intimate and severe. If you want to see horror without any gloss, this is it. It has absolutely no respect for you as the viewer as voyeur and no ****s to give about your feelings, this goes straight for visceral and real anxiety with no crutches or tropes. Craven made a lot of slick horror later in his career, obviously, but this is raw and true. One of the few horror movies I have seen that is as genuinely disturbing as Night of the Living Dead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X