This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

With Filoni now in charge, it might actually be pretty good. I didn't hate the new trilogy (or the original prequel trilogy either) but they certainly had the potential to be better. I still love Star Wars and have enjoyed the shows (and Rogue One, and even Solo was ok to me). But I never watched the animated stuff so I am lost on some lore and what not. And of course the toxicity of much of the fan base is unbearable at times. Some people just need to turn it off and let themselves enjoy something and go in without any expectation.
    Filoni really gets off on expanding the mythos that’s building George’s galaxy. The Force Gods that Lucas had Filoni add into a three-episode arc within the Clone Wars, they’re central to many of the TV shows he’s heading now.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Force Gods...SMH.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Force Gods...SMH.
        They were called The Mortis Gods in the show, actually - really strong Force users. Three of them - one for the Balance, one for the Light, and another for the Dark. The arc was an attempt to move Star Wars back towards the mystic, away from the midichlorians of the prequels.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I’ve got a new winner for best picture- the zone of interest

winner at Cannes

i never want to see it again
          I had to sit with this one for a few days.

truly one of the most unique ways I’ve ever seen the holocaust portrayed.

glazer does a masterful job of showing you pure horror without showing you any of the actual horror.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            They were called The Mortis Gods in the show, actually - really strong Force users. Three of them - one for the Balance, one for the Light, and another for the Dark. The arc was an attempt to move Star Wars back towards the mystic, away from the midichlorians of the prequels.
            Yeah that isn't helping...

The more you add, the more you take away. The Force was cool because we knew very little about it and very few were sensitive to it.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Girl and mookie saw argyle Friday night….in 4D. Our first experience with that. The movie was…challenging. :-)
              the 4D was weird
              wanted to like the movie, but that may end the series

saw today the globe critic gave it zero stars
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I watched The Holdovers Friday night. I don’t know if there’s another known actor working today who could pull off that role so well as Giamatti did. Absolutely brilliant casting.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I watched The Holdovers Friday night. I don’t know if there’s another known actor working today who could pull off that role so well as Giamatti did. Absolutely brilliant casting.
                  Like I said below, no one can giamatti like giamatti! Literally can’t think of anyone else that would have worked

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Like I said below, no one can giamatti like giamatti! Literally can’t think of anyone else that would have worked
                    If he were still alive, I think Philip Seymour Hoffman would’ve been able to do justice to the role. I was thinking about, and I think you need a guy both the acting chops and the physical presence - dumpy and not overbearing. A guy like Daniel Day Lewis has the chops, but just physically wrong.

Comment

• Tom Hanks could have.
                      -kepler probably

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Tom Hanks could have.
                        -kepler probably
                        Slowly I turned...
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Miracle released 20 years ago today. Great movie.

Also, the Miracle on Ice is overrated and only maintained because it’s useful political propaganda.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I watched Toy Story again.

All Sid needed were parents who gave a ****.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              I watched Toy Story again.

All Sid needed were parents who gave a ****.
                              Isn't that what all kids' movie characters need?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Toy Story 2 was better than it had any right to be.

3 was not great.

4 was unwatchable.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X