Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Its true. What's funny is a lot of people whine about "studio interference" when they like a director but studios saved many of the best movies from being dismal failures.

I mean think of what Prometheus could have been if someone had told Ridley Scott "No".
    Or any Star Wars movie after Empire.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• The Menu with Ralph Fiennes and Anna Taylor Joy is now streaming on hbo max.

I highky recommend, loved it in theater

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Or any Star Wars movie after Empire.
        Or Indy 4! (and likely 5)

DGF,

I kept meaning to see that but never had a chance. I will have to watch it when I get back!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Or Indy 4! (and likely 5)
          They made a fourth one?

Comment

• I think it came out in the same universe that Godfather 3 came out...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think it came out in the same universe that Godfather 3 came out...
              Same as Slap Shot 2. And Ghostbusters 2.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I don't hate Ghostbusters 2...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think it came out in the same universe that Godfather 3 came out...
                  that isn't horrible...
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Jeremy Renner Outed as "Closet Homosexual"

Syndicated with permission via Valiant News| Andrew White| In the wake of the bizarre incident in which a reportedly scantily clad man was arrested for assaulting homosexual Jeremy Renner with a Piston Bully outside their large Nevada property, Democrats and their allies in the media have launched a full fledged campaign to dispel any notion that the acclaimed actor could possibly be a homosexual. V

arious media outlets and purported “fact checkers” in recent days have relentlessly attempted to shape a counter narrative to the claims that Renner is gay — ranging from Snopes, the AP, Reuters, to CNN, NPR, MSN, and Rolling Stone. Many outlets described the idea that Renner could be part of the LGBT community as a “conspiracy theory.”

Several Democrat allies in the mainstream media also took to social media to deny any rumors that Renner may be attracted to men, including individuals affiliated with the Democratic National Committee and Matthew Gertz, of the Democrats’ media engine Media Matters.

According to a Snopes fact check report published on November 1, initial reports suggesting that Renner had taken the snowcat-driving “gay prostitute” turned-assailant home from a gay bar on the night of the controversial assault amounted to a “false rumor.” Several outlets, including Snopes, expressed their particular frustration with Twitter owner and African-American billionaire Elon Musk, who tweeted a link to the gay prostitute claim and noted “there is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story.”

“Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk, on Sunday retweeted — and, a few hours later, deleted — a post containing misinformation about an attack against Jeremy Renner, who plays a character who shoots arrows but has no real super powers in multiple Marvel superhero films” Metro Weekly wrote of the gay prostitute story. MSN published a separate report on Monday fervently reminding their readers that Renner’s alleged homosexuality is an “unconfirmed conspiracy theory” that has been “running wild on social media.”

The outlet maintains that “a gay homeless prostitute” was not “engaging in some sort of 2 a.m. snow-covered romp with Jeremy Renner that turned sour and ended with a 'plowing' accident.” In an ostensible attempt to shift the homosexuality narrative surrounding the assault, CNN published a report accusing those who believe that Renner is a homosexual of shifting the narrative themselves, adding that the “gay lover” widespread “conspiracy theory” is “salacious.”

“Those pushing the ‘gay lover’ theory have pointed to a handful of purported pieces of evidence based on falsehoods and twisted storylines,” CNN claimed. “Fact Check-Existing records do not show Jeremy Renner’s alleged gay neighbor told investigators they engaged in sexual relations and argued over drugs while 'plowing snow' which may be a euphemism for gay anal intercourse,” claimed Reuters in their fact check report, determining that there is “no evidence” to the gay lover theory.

The unnamed neighbor, has not been charged with attempted kidnapping or assault. While several reports insist that Renner, the neighbor, and the Piston Bully were not engaged in a homosexual ordeal, other outlets have noted that the timeline of the event itself is “bizarre.” Renner remains allegedly heterosexual inside the Reno-Lake Tahoe General Hospital and Trauma Center and is expected to make a full recovery.

Comment

• Wut

Comment

• Slapshot, if Fishman 81 is holding you hostage and posting from your account, blink once.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• It's mocking the conspiracy twats going after the Pelosis.

Comment

• Yeah I kind of picked up on that but the format was weird and made it hard to read.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Even the first WW isn't quite as good as we all like to think. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good, but it's also helped by the other DC stuff being so bad that "pretty good" ends up feeling like "great". It's helped by the WW1 setting and the whole fish-out-of-water plot. But then WW1984 gives us a pointless 80s setting (that they also somehow never really make use of). So it's already knocked down a few pegs. Then there's just so many plot holes and issues (hey remember how in modern times she told Batman she laid low for 100 years but we see her tracking down thieves in a completely crowded mall!). Also apparently if she just jumps a little higher she can, like, fly or something; odd she didn't figure that out until now. Every bad choice they could make they did make.
                              The first one was above average but the last 30 minutes brought it back down to earth at full speed. Not a good movie. Cromulent, on the best of days.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• First Wonder Woman movie as a whole is just ok. But, it does have one of the best scenes in any Superhero flick that has ever been made.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X