No announcement yet.

Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We watched Love Actually tonight. One of my favorites. Terrible movie but a guilty pleasure.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Glass Onion was delightful xmas night watch
      We did same. Good movie.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Binged a few movies on Christmas Eve:

Top Gun Maverick (Paramount+): 7/10. The not so suble nods to the original film really sold me in the first half. Like, the shot, for shot, for shot 4k upgrade to the opening flught deck sequence was perfect! The lack of effort on the CGI turning it into an MCU film for the second half took something away. Overall it was fun though, and one I'll probably watch again and again.

Muppet Christmas Carol (Disney+): 10/10. The BEST muppet/human film, with the second being Mupper Treasure Island. Seeing Michael Cane play his role with the seriousness of a heart attack while surrounded by Muppets makes this such a classic. Also, the cut song "When love is gone" has been restored and returns to where it belongs in the movie.

Charlie Brown Christmas (Apple TV+): 10/10. A holiday tradition. And it was free for non-subscribers for Christmas after not airing on PBS like it has the last two years. (Stupid exclusivity where the Schultz family sold the rights to Apple.)

Merry Kiss Cam (Hulu): 5/10. Trashy yet fun rom-com filmed on site in Duluth, Minneota with full support of the University of Minnesota Duluth. What really takes me out of this almost paint by number rom-com was the college hockey scenes. It was fantastic seeing the actual tUMD logo/name used, but who are the Wish.com NCHC schools they play against?
        Fighting Stags - UND?
        Whalers - Alaska Anchorage?
        Red/Yellow - Ferris State?
        Black/Gold - Michigan Tech?
        Who the **** are the Oiler colored team representing?
        How jam packed is the schedule in December? And all those home games? The main characters go to about three games themselves, and then they show a montage of another almost dozen games.
        Amazing how Amzoil arena magically transforms from a massive arena in aerial shots into a local community rink for interior.
        Just how are the Bulldogs portrayed as longtime lovable losers with no hope of ever making the playoffs with SO MANY National Championship banners hanging in the background of the bar.
        How many "last second" goals get scored and the clock runs down to zero? What a garbage Hollywood trope.
        The setup for the final act was telegraphed pretty obviously, but it moves the story along. Only rated that high because of the love letter to Duluth the film is. It highlights the region and its locals well.
        Last edited by aparch; 12-26-2022, 10:22 AM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

We did same. Good movie.
          Would give Knives Out the edge over Glass Onion, but still a fun watch.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Ben Shapiro angry tweeting today that glass onion writers were big mean and dumb for…pulling plot twists lol

Comment

• Glass Onion was good, although I hated the ending.

Cameo spoilers:

Williams was the only one I saw. I still have no idea where Grant, Sondheim, Lansbury, or Kareem appeared in the movie, and I've never heard of Natasha Lyonne. Maybe I saw a clipped cut.
              Last edited by Kepler; 12-26-2022, 03:43 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Glass Onion was good, although I hated the ending.

Cameo spoilers:

Williams was the only one I saw. I still have no idea where Grant, Sondheim, Lansbury, or Kareem appeared in the movie, and I've never heard of Natasha Lyonne. Maybe I saw a clipped cut.
                The first was the guy who answered the door at Blanc's house, the latter were all on his online game he was playing.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• There’s another fairly big cameo that I missed and had to look up where they were

Comment

There’s another fairly big cameo that I missed and had to look up where they were
                    Doooooooooong?

KDR

Comment

• Everyone involved in Glass Onion also had to be ****ing themselves in joy over all of the Elon stuff in the past couple months. I mean, I know Miles was a composite of various tech people, but it was definitely primarily Elon. And he's done dumb things over the past few years, but the past couple months with Twitter have laid bare what a lucky idiot he is, and all of that took place after they filmed all of this, so they could not have timed it all better.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Doooooooooong?
                        No I missed that one too. I’m referring to the doc attendant who got people on the boat

amd yeah 25 mins in we were laughing about Elon
                        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-26-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Ben Shapiro angry tweeting today that glass onion writers were big mean and dumb for…pulling plot twists lol
                          He doesn't get satire, his wife wet.

KDR

Comment

• This will end well.

https://mobile.***********/CultistAr...Xd9x4VUONHzTOg

Comment

• What does that even mean? The Snyder Cut has gained self-awareness like Skynet and will appear at Comic Con and smite its enemies?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                What a ****ing mess DC has become. Oh, wait, it's always been a mess.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X