Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Criterion collection 80s horror!

    love that The Vanishing appears on this list. Truly a scary movie and one of my favorites. The original Dutch version, not the horse bleep American remake

    https://letterboxd.com/criterion/lis...erion-channel/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Criterion collection 80s horror!

      love that The Vanishing appears on this list. Truly a scary movie and one of my favorites. The original Dutch version, not the horse bleep American remake

      https://letterboxd.com/criterion/lis...erion-channel/
      The original was tremendous. If you have not yet seen the original version of Funny Games I highly recommend.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

        The original was tremendous. If you have not yet seen the original version of Funny Games I highly recommend.
        slappy,
        mookie caught this on a plane recently, entertaining.
        was very surprised at the city skyline which leads one to believe it’s Manila. Is that so? Dam impressive.

        https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233040..._=nv_sr_srsg_0
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          The original Dutch version, not the horse bleep American remake
          c.f. Let the Right One In / Let Me In and Open Your Eyes / Vanilla Sky.

          If I had a billion dollars I'd just buy the entire Criterion collection.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

            slappy,
            mookie caught this on a plane recently, entertaining.
            was very surprised at the city skyline which leads one to believe it’s Manila. Is that so? Dam impressive.

            https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233040..._=nv_sr_srsg_0
            From the trailer it's clear it was filmed in The Philippines including Manila although there weren't any shots of any of it with a major skyline.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

              From the trailer it's clear it was filmed in The Philippines including Manila although there weren't any shots of any of it with a major skyline.
              Yah those would not have made the trailer.
              most scenes were shot in neighborhoods. Skylines were only used as locations changed.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • This caught my eye last past weekend. Don't have Apple TV so a coupla hours in the theater Fri night sounds like a plan.

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqxziDlZOIo
                A bad cause requires many words.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  This caught my eye last past weekend. Don't have Apple TV so a coupla hours in the theater Fri night sounds like a plan.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqxziDlZOIo
                  That looks fantastic. I took a trip down the Wikipedia rabbit hole, and came across this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4WAUmyKDq0
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                  Live Radio from 100.3

                  Comment


                  • Tight.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • I’m definitely going to watch this doc

                      https://twitter.com/ign/status/15801...hZ4k9vOylg5HPQ

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I’m definitely going to watch this doc

                        https://twitter.com/ign/status/15801...hZ4k9vOylg5HPQ

                        Comment


                        • God I miss Candy. Was he drugs or fat? His SCTV work is the absolute gold standard for TV comedy. Nobody has come remotely close.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            God I miss Candy. Was he drugs or fat? His SCTV work is the absolute gold standard for TV comedy. Nobody has come remotely close.
                            Bit of everything. Cocaine, alcohol, cigarettes, obese with a family history of heart issues, pretty much checked all the boxes for a heart attack at 43. Would have been 72 this Halloween.
                            the state of hockey is good

                            Comment


                            • Candy could do it all. He could do sweet, caustic, self-deprecating, straight man, knew now to nail a character without becoming a caricature, and just flat out made me laugh period.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                These are brilliant. I think I've watched every single one by now.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X