Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies 52 - 1917: Sonic the Bad Boys of Prey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Showing the lowbrow side of me when, when I saw the name "Stanwyck" I immediately thought of the cabana scene from Fletch.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

      I'll have a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

        I'll have a steak sandwich, and a steak sandwich
        Extra prima good sir!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • I watched Space Jam with my residents today.

          It's one of my guilty pleasure movies.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

          Comment


          • Prey. I’ll give this movie a 3.5. Decent, not great. Story was okay. CGI was horrendous. Well, no. It was worse than that.

            still maybe the 2nd best predator movie (which only says the original was great and the rest are not)but the hype behind it doesn’t make sense. It’s akin to a Star Wars prequel maybe.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


            "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

            "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

            Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

            Comment


            • Time to start enjoying the day off. Bathroom's sparkling, finishing up laundry, and Randolph Scott movies are on from 9:30 to 6am. The-best-cowboy.
              A bad cause requires many words.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Time to start enjoying the day off. Bathroom's sparkling, finishing up laundry, and Randolph Scott movies are on from 9:30 to 6am. The-best-cowboy.
                Started watching My Favorite Wife as I got ready for work this morning. The rare RS comedy appearance.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sonofsouthie View Post
                  time to start enjoying the day off. Bathroom's sparkling, finishing up laundry, and randolph scott movies are on from 9:30 to 6am. The-best-cowboy.
                  randolph scott!
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

                  Comment


                  • I watched Constantine yesterday at work. I liked the visuals, but there were times I was like "get to the point, please."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      I watched Constantine yesterday at work. I liked the visuals, but there were times I was like "get to the point, please."
                      You mean Keanu Goes to Hell?

                      One of my favorite terrible movies, IMO the equal of Road House.

                      "I love our little talks, John."
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                        You mean Keanu Goes to Hell?

                        One of my favorite terrible movies, IMO the equal of Road House.

                        "I love our little talks, John."
                        The wife and I watch this at least once a year. Love it for some reason.

                        "You could have shot me, John. You chose a higher path. Look how well you're doing!"
                        the state of hockey is good

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

                          The wife and I watch this at least once a year. Love it for some reason.

                          "You could have shot me, John. You chose a higher path. Look how well you're doing!"
                          "I was hoping you could point me in the right direction."
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Spencer Tracy tomorrow in Fury at 6am and The Seventh Cross(highly recommend) at 2pm on Turner.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              Spencer Tracy tomorrow in Fury at 6am and The Seventh Cross(highly recommend) at 2pm on Turner.
                              Dark secret: I can't stand Spencer Tracy.

                              In other news, I saw a piece of this at random and I have a theory that it cannot be what it seems to be on the surface. I believe it's the most subversive movie in history and in fifty years the girls who watch it will have become world leaders and then we will know.

                              I am fully aware that I will not understand it because my time and gender is past. But I do know enough to be The Harbinger.


                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-17-2022, 11:01 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                Dark secret: I can't stand Spencer Tracy.

                                In other news, I saw a piece of this at random and I have a theory that it cannot be what it seems to be on the surface. I believe it's the most subversive movie in history and in fifty years the girls who watch it will have become world leaders and then we will know.

                                I am fully aware that I will not understand it because my time and gender is past. But I do know enough to be The Harbinger.
                                I'm not a "Oooo Spencer Tracy I gotta see this" but I've seen a few films of his that I've liked.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X